The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

u-turns

Post by TK80866
In a situation such as here:

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/434/2751239542.jpg
btw, don't ask me why it is so big, I uploaded it and it turned out this big... oh well, as long as you understand what I mean lol

When you need to go onto the freeway according to the navigation, Waze originally wants you to follow the way the arrows are. As this is not possible, a turn restriction has been given and now Waze will not let you turn left.. So far, so good.

However, what Waze wants you to do, is to make a u-turn at the next node (a node which is necessary there because of the junction) but a u-turn is not allowed there (and neither is at the one after that, which he will try next).

How can I make Waze understand that it is not allowed to make a u-turn there?

btw, here is a link to the area: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... FFFFFFTTTT
TK80866

POSTER_ID:242286

Send a message
Had a lot of outdated stuff here.. I should be more active, I guess ;)

Post by deeggo
I've always been told that the only difference between roads with a 'separating line' and roads without, is that the ones with a separating line will not allow making a u-turn. So maybe you could try to add that to your road?
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
Yes, that's what I understood. But I never checked it to be honest.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by ozhound
Remove the turn restriction that exists on ramp intersection and waze will turn left there.
ozhound
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Unfortunately waze does prefer u-turns way to much, and they have not provided us a a no u-turn turn restriction. It appears that whatever route you should take, is long enough / more intersections enough / etc. That the navigation logic thinks it is better to U-turn then go the "proper" way.

You will probably need to get supports attention (maybe an email to alpha@waze.com) to see if there is anything that can be done about this.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by TK80866
ozhound wrote:Remove the turn restriction that exists on ramp intersection and waze will turn left there.
Yeah but the turn restriction has been added because a left turn is not allowed there, which created the u-turns but those are not allowed either lol
TK80866
Send a message

Post by TK80866
deeggo wrote:I've always been told that the only difference between roads with a 'separating line' and roads without, is that the ones with a separating line will not allow making a u-turn. So maybe you could try to add that to your road?
Even when there is a node/junction in that road? From what I've seen so far, it still let's me do u-turns at those points as they see it as a crossing :S
TK80866
Send a message