The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Newbie needing help fixing a road

Post by tony75672
Hi there,

I am a newbie and struggling to do my 1st fix.

Here is the fix I need to do

http://www.juaysphotography.com/wp-incl ... Editor.jpg

Obviously the guy went off route and went through the McDonalds drive through. Do I just draw a road between A and B?

Also I am not sure if Waze is interpreting the road correctly. It is one road called US Hwy80 but within the city limits it is also called Victory Dr. It looks like it is displayed as two roads.

Thanks
tony75672

POSTER_ID:16032646

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
I have a feeling that there's another issue with all the landmarks there too...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Bigbear3764
Mark solved and move on. They are just system errors where they see GPS tracks and no road. Some will put parking lot roads in, it just creates clutter IMO.

If you don't mark them solved, an IGN editor may come along and put something there that may not follow Best Editing Practices.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Why doesn't this case meet factor (2)?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CTGreybeard
scruffy151 wrote:I have a fourth point for this list; Once I see 3 or more URs for this parking lot I add it.
+1
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by DrockMiller
ncc1701v wrote:IMHO the only times to add parking lot roads are when (1) there are multiple exits and the exit taken makes a significant difference in navigation; (2) the parking lot roads are close to real roads and navigation may be confused by traffic in the parking lot; (3) the parking lot is big and it may not be clear how to get out. In this case I would not add anything.
Those are great guidelines. I do think this would meet case 2. I tend to add parking lot roads in lots next to busy roads in situations like this.
DrockMiller
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ncc1701v
IMHO the only times to add parking lot roads are when (1) there are multiple exits and the exit taken makes a significant difference in navigation; (2) the parking lot roads are close to real roads and navigation may be confused by traffic in the parking lot; (3) the parking lot is big and it may not be clear how to get out. In this case I would not add anything.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
ncc1701v
Send a message
... and the "v" is for Volvo.

Post by ncc1701v
CBenson wrote:Why doesn't this case meet factor (2)?
According to the attached pic, the driver did not drive parallel to the road, but went in and out of the same exit. However, there is a back exit so factor (1) could apply :-)
ncc1701v
Send a message
... and the "v" is for Volvo.

Post by Scruffy151
ncc1701v wrote:IMHO the only times to add parking lot roads are when (1) there are multiple exits and the exit taken makes a significant difference in navigation; (2) the parking lot roads are close to real roads and navigation may be confused by traffic in the parking lot; (3) the parking lot is big and it may not be clear how to get out. In this case I would not add anything.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
I have a fourth point for this list; Once I see 3 or more URs for this parking lot I add it.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

tony75672
Send a message