The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Frequency of Live Map updates?

Post by sarbon15
So I've been working on Waze for about a week and this may seem impatient to a few of you vets out there, but I'm curious as to how often the Live Map (here on the website as well as the map on the client) is updated to reflect changes that are made in Cartouche. I've done the refresh in the client on my phone, but they are still the same.

I guess I'm just excited to see how my editing has affected and improved the navigation in the client, as well as seeing myself on the correct street instead of the street over because Waze thinks the street I'm on is a one-way in the other direction, heh. Any light that can be shed on this would be greatly appreciated.
sarbon15

POSTER_ID:683762

Send a message
Area Manager: Orem/Provo, UT (USA)
Samsung Galaxy S (T-Mobile Vibrant), Eclair | Acura RSX-S (2003)

*Yes, I did copy jaimevisser's signature style.
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Post by Chrisjw
I feel the same way!

I've only been an Area Manager for less than a week, but a Waze user for a couple of months.

After seeing problems in my local map, I applied and got AM. I've tidied the problem I spotted, tried to help some existing requests (one 6months old) and I want to see my additions on the road!

Just have to be more patient I guess!
Chrisjw
Send a message

Post by cobra
On the best days, 24-48 hrs for livemap to update from edits. The phone clients have additional rules about when they pull update tiles, with the longest one being a week. Routing through an area should pull a new tile from the server immediately, assuming it has been generated (the 24-48 hr rule.)

Given the early stages of waze, we've seen 24 hr updates on up to a couple weeks when things are broken. ;)
cobra
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Welcome to the waze addicts group :)

Unfortunately waze is suffering from a popularity problem right now, so processing is not as fast as it used to be. There was also a mention from one of the devs of an issue with map tile creation that they are working on, so they might have things turned off while they are working the issue.

So unfortunately it is a waiting game. Be patient and they will eventually show up. Keep in mind that this is still better than any of the other players in the navigation market, both in update frequency and the fact that, since you did the change, you know it is correct.

(not a lot of details, but here is the reference post http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 203#p38576)
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by sarbon15
Daggumit! It's taking so long! I don't want to be impatient, but I'm seriously excited to see some of the changes I've been able to make in Cartouche as I don't think my area has been worked in very much. :|
sarbon15
Send a message

Post by sarbon15
After posting that last comment, some of my changes were updated! Wow, what satisfaction! Took nearly a week, though! Hopefully some of the issues they're running into can be resolved and the rest of the updates can take place in a more timely manner!
sarbon15
Send a message

Post by shalafi
the process creating/updating the tiles crashed, everything should be back to normal within 2-3 days:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4789
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message