Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Not able to name a street

Post by gpriyesh
Hi,
I am new to Waze. Not sure if this query was answered earlier. Apologies if this is a repetition. I recorded a new road through my mobile. I am able to see that new road in the Live Map on the web, but when I try to name the road I am getting "No Permission" message. Please let me know how I can name the road which I added.

Regards,
Priyesh
gpriyesh

POSTER_ID:512688

Send a message

Post by gpriyesh
Thanks. I was able to edit the street today morning. I also tried updating the house number. When I tried to save it said "Atleast one address should be valid". Text box for right side house number had data. Any idea what this message means? Thanks a lot for your help
gpriyesh
Send a message

Post by gpriyesh
@RallyChris - Thanks. I was trying to put alphanumeric.
gpriyesh
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
You are correct unwallflower. I've confirmed with development that their are permission issues happening due to the some of the background processes being turned off due to performance.

The new GPS processing is in place on the world servers, they are working on us/canada.

I suspect that this fix is not retro-active, so unfortunately it would require driving a segment again to get the permission re-applied correctly.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RallyChris
gpriyesh wrote:Thanks. I was able to edit the street today morning. I also tried updating the house number. When I tried to save it said "Atleast one address should be valid". Text box for right side house number had data. Any idea what this message means? Thanks a lot for your help
Did you try putting in an address that was not completely numeric?

Currently (and it's on the wishlist to be changed) you can only enter numeric house numbers, no punctuation, text, hyphens, etc.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by unwallflower
Hmm... I suspect that this has to do with the issue of GPS points not being uploaded to the map lately, although to be honest I am not entirely positive.

Maybe someone else can chime in here.
unwallflower
Send a message