The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Trouble selecting nodes in Cartouche

Post by mr103e
I'm using Chrome 6.0.472.51 beta on Linux (Ubuntu 9.10) and am having trouble selecting any roads or other features in Cartouche. I click on them and get the small grey busy pointer but then no roads get selected. This is irritating as I have taken on an Area Manager role (http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=1 ... FFTFFFTTTT) and am trying to work my way through all the scan problems and resolve them after having caught up on pending deletes and update requests. I also saw this from my work machine using Ubuntu 10.04

Is this a known issue?
mr103e

POSTER_ID:700564

Send a message

Post by mr103e
OK, this has suddenly fixed itself - may have been a non issue. I spent ages trying though.
mr103e
Send a message

Post by mr103e
I don't think the GPS Points layer has anything to do with this. I managed to fix it by closing the browser and reopening it (a refresh didn't work) so maybe it is some thing to do with session expiry?

Anyway I at least know how to work around it now but when you are in the middle of a good map editing session it is quite annoying for this to happen.
mr103e
Send a message

Post by mr103e
When I can select roads I am unable to do things like edit geometry as the handles to do so are not displayed on the map and attempting to guess where they should be and use them does not work. I'm willing to contribute quite a bit of time to Waze as it is an interesting project but so far all I have managed to do this week is waste time.
mr103e
Send a message

Post by robin1979
Clearing the browser cache (with Cartouche not being opened), helped fixing a lot of weird problems for me today.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by unwallflower
This has happened to me several times in the past couple of weeks. I did not have the GPS points layer turned on at the time.

It's like you click to select something, the grey icon appears and it thinks about it... and then it goes away and nothing happened. Frustrating.

I always fix it by refreshing the entire page.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by zCougar
Maybe you forgot "GPS points" layer active? ;-)

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Waze 4.83.5.1: Galaxy S21 5G | | Atom
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis