The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

City names again

Post by IvarKa
1. I got two "Byåsen" on my map.... http://world.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=7&l ... yers=BTTTT and two in the dropdown in Cartouche... They look the same to me, but I guess the database somehow got two.

2. And the big question....what SHOULD I put in the city name; the municipality or the name of the residential area (boroughs(?)). I feel there are at least one level of naming that are missing :?

Ivar
IvarKa

POSTER_ID:130349

Send a message
Area Manager Trondheim, Norway

Post by Atlas85
I think Norway is a "strange" case. I remember working in Inderøy at a farm, where he consequently called his town Inderøy. However, the town itself does not exist and was called Straumen.

In most other European countries, you use the name of the whole city. So Trondheim is Trondheim and despite the fact that Tyholt, Singsaker, Tunga, Leangen and all the other city parts feel more like separate towns, to Waze (and many other nav-apps) they are all Trondheim.

For the double Byåsen: you can send an email to alpha@waze.com to ask them to delete 1 from the database.
Atlas85
Send a message