Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by PhantomSoul
I've seen these signs in New Jersey too. Often, older subdivisions that have streets you could possibly go through on will get together and convince the town to put up a sign discouraging detour traffic when traffic at a nearby major intersection is backed up. Legal or not, they're really difficult to enforce without stopping everyone turning and asking them where they're going. But it's still awkward to have Waze tell you to go where a sign specifically says not to.

I'm not a fan of the turn restriction solution, because that also blocks routes that end on that block from being routed through that turn.

Wouldn't making that block a private road (and subsequently locking it to level 4+ to prevent a jr editor from changing it back to a regular street) prevent Waze from routing over that segment unless your destination is on that segment?
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by Riamus
Why is it marked as no through traffic? Is it construction? Normally, that just means that you can legally drive in there all you want, but there isn't any way out other than back the way you came because construction has the road closed at some point. In those cases, it's normally temporary and you can just disconnect the segment at the point where the road is actually closed (not at the entrance where the "no through traffic" sign is) until the construction is complete. Then reconnect it after the construction is complete and you're all set.
Riamus
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Previously Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S21+.

Post by russblau
Odessit68 wrote:I don't want to start another topic. This is a similar issue. How do you mark a street where the sign says: "No left from 7am - 9am". I have also seen similar signs for "No through traffic from 5pm - 7pm".
Should I mark the whole segment as "Private Drive". In this case this is a primary street.
You wouldn't mark a whole segment as "Private" just because one turn is restricted; you'd just prohibit that turn.

Looking at StreetView, I don't see any turn restriction at that intersection, so it must be pretty new. Which turning movement(s) are restricted?
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message