The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Map edits take sooo long to show up in client!

Post by xbassman
It is a shame it takes so long for edits to show up in the client map.

I did some edits and waited to see how long it would take them to show up and it was over a week.
This is a problem in my town since there are so many streets with wrong names attached.
Currently the "drive to" functionality of the client could lead you to all kinds of wrong locations.

That said I just did hundreds more edits, hopefully they will show up more quickly.
I am sure the client will grow in popularity when the maps become more accurate.
xbassman

POSTER_ID:715503

Send a message
Area Mgr. - Tulsa, OK

Post by Atlas85
Some edits I make appear already the next day in the client. Others take a few days. POI's take several weeks in sometimes.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by BalsbyMange
unwallflower wrote:I've noticed the opposite the past week or two, actually... I've been impressed at how quickly edits have been showing up on the client! :?
I must agree, the last two weeks has been a joy in editing, editing in the evening and able to see the result the day after. :o
BalsbyMange
Send a message
Area Manager Kristianstad, Skåne and Blekinge Sweden
iPhone 5, iOS 7

Post by khaytsus
I have edits weeks old that are partly there but incorrect... Not sure what's going on with generating tiles, but it seems to be taking forever in my area.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by unwallflower
I've noticed the opposite the past week or two, actually... I've been impressed at how quickly edits have been showing up on the client! :?
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by xbassman
yep...
today I noticed some edits showed up from 2 days ago along with a couple that have been on the live map for about a week.

I did a bunch yesterday hopefully they will come as quick.
xbassman
Send a message
Area Mgr. - Tulsa, OK