Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Map issue closed before I could clarify

Post by sudama
Hi - posting here to clarify a map issue I reported. I was emailed & asked to clarify but when I visited the map editor I didn't see any way to comment. I guess the issue had been closed?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... -77.231026

The issue I encountered is that the directions told me to take '495 Express' off of I-66 onto I-495N. The problem 495 Express is only for EZ-Pass holders. I don't have EZ-Pass, so I needed to take an earlier exit. Thanks.
sudama

POSTER_ID:15485659

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
We are just starting to test the "Conversation" feature with Map Issues - so it's only available in the Beta Editor. Anyone using the regular editor can't see that a conversation is going on & can just close the issue.

Waze does support tolls, but does not support things such as "EZ-Pass Only" exits. Hopefully someone local to you can chime in here as to what they do for this situation.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by JimB50
Thanks AndyPoms for mentioning "Easy Pass only" exits. I have seen "Easy Pass only" roads in Texas and Florida. A few will take license plate photos and bill by mail. Many are fully "Easy Pass only", no other way to pay. Toll Road does not seem appropriate and I've not found anything in the forum or the wiki.

Jim
Level 3 Editor
JimB50
Send a message
Jim
Level 3 editor
LG VS 930 Android 4.1.2
Cleaning up in my area

Post by russblau
AndyPoms wrote:Waze does support tolls, but does not support things such as "EZ-Pass Only" exits. Hopefully someone local to you can chime in here as to what they do for this situation.
Your only options as a user are to "Avoid Toll Roads" (under Settings/Navigation), which will avoid all tolls including those that take cash; or just use the Routes button to select another route manually when Waze suggests the Express Lanes.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message