The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Selecting all roads between...

Post by zulujoydotcom
I am attempting to select all roads between two that I have selected at opposite ends of a long stretch. It says it cannot find a path between them, yet I have run from the bottom to the top one segment at a time, and have a green path the entire way. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
zulujoydotcom

POSTER_ID:594786

Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Does any of the segments have a different city name?
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by unwallflower
That's probably why it isn't working, then.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
I don't have a good answer for that. I just know that when you are naming roads that go through multiple cities, it will ask if you want to create the new name when it's really already created, just with a different city name.

For example, if I name a new street "Red St", and has "Escondido" under the city name, it will ask me if I want to create the new name "Red St". Which makes sense, because it's brand new. Now, if this road extends into "San Marcos", and I name it "Red St" with "San Marcos" under the city name in that location, it will ask me AGAIN if I want to create a new street. Which is silly, because it really IS the same street.

So I don't have a good answer, but cartouche DOES seem to treat one street as different streets if it goes through multiple cities. Which does make sense when you think about it. So while it isn't the answer you're looking for, I can see why it thinks it can't select a path, possibly.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by zCougar
Post your permalink here. Hard to answer your question otherwise. Live map permalink is hidden behind waze icon on top right side ;-)

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Waze 4.83.5.1: Galaxy S21 5G | | Atom
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis

Post by zulujoydotcom
Most likely they do.
zulujoydotcom
Send a message

Post by zulujoydotcom
Thats seems like odd behavior. If there is a path, why would the fact that they are in different cities prevent you from selecting the whole road?
zulujoydotcom
Send a message

Post by zulujoydotcom
Thank you for sharing that thought. :o)
zulujoydotcom
Send a message