Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Best Browser for editing maps

Post by mobile_bob
What is the best browser to use when editing maps? When I use Firefox I am unable to move intersections, and when I use ie8 it is slow and becomes unresponsive.

Travis
mobile_bob

POSTER_ID:28516

Send a message

Post by krankyd
travisepperson wrote:What is the best browser to use when editing maps? When I use Firefox I am unable to move intersections, and when I use ie8 it is slow and becomes unresponsive.
Hi Travis - not sure what you mean by 'can't move intersections'... but maybe you're referring to the fact that the junction and all roads do not move with the cursor when you move the junction?
Unlike editing road geometries, when you move a junction, the entire junction doesn't move with you. Once you hit save, you should see everything moved to the new location. Other users suggested we make this edit 'real-time' like the road shape changes, but this is a bit tricky and we're still thinking on how we can make this happen.
You should be able to move the junction with Firefox. If you're still having problems please let us know. As for IE, we know other users have mentioned issues and we're trying to optimize our site for IE 8 / compatible etc.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by RallyChris
I believe the developers are using Chrome.

I've seen more posts over IE issues than Firefox.

As far as moving intersections, it should work in Firefox though there is a bug that once you move an intersection, moving roads becomes more difficult (suggest a reload of cartouche after moving an intersection). I would not even use the move intersection option, instead just pick a road that connects to the intersection and move it. All the other roads connected to the intersection will move with the change.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by sketch
I would stick with Chrome. I've been doing all of my editing with Chrome or Safari (depending on the OS), and I've never had a browser-specific problem. Seems like the code might be optimized for WebKit-based browsers.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!