The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by zuckerj
I tried this OVER and OVER and OVER (add about 72 OVERs) again. Just creates a useless pushpin. I then try tapping on the pushpin... nothing... Except moving the pushpin.

I've held it there for 50 seconds to no avail. I figure something is suppose to happen with those pushpins, but to date, nope... Just useless pushpins.

Jz.
zuckerj
Send a message

Post by zuckerj
Ok, I'll go back and try to make sure I'm pushing directly ON the street and see if that works any better. But honestly, it shouldn't matter. If I'm pushing right next to a street, closer to that street than any other street, it should just assume. Can't see ANY reason why that wouldn't be a good application design.

But will give that a try now and report back.

Thanks!

Jz.
zuckerj
Send a message

Post by zuckerj
Nope. Nothing additional happens from putting the silly little pushpin that doesn't appear to have any function, in the middle of the street. It is definitely weird that I can place a pushpin on the map that does nothing.

Just hope I'm not causing accidents now by putting that big thing right in the middle of the road. ;-)

Jz.
zuckerj
Send a message

Post by zuckerj
dmcconachie wrote:Android here too but have you tried tap and hold? Like a double tap but hold the second tap!
LOL.

I've tried LONG tap. I've tried SHORT tap. I've tried LONG tap then SHORT tap. I've tried SHORT SHORT tap. I've tried LONG LONG tap. I've tried tapping song melodies. NOTHING seems to happen other than the pushpin showing up.

Jz.
zuckerj
Send a message

Post by zuckerj
Oh yeah, AND I tried SHORT tap then LONG tap. ;-)
zuckerj
Send a message

Post by zuckerj
waynemcdougall wrote:You have to do it on top of a road. Are you getting a pin appearing on a road?
Yes. All those tappy things, on the roads. And yes, I think I mentioned in all those posts, I AM getting a pushpin on the road. The problem is, I just can't do anything with the pushpin.

After I get a pushpin, I try clicking on it... Nothing
After I get a pushpin, I try clicking on it... I try going to "Drive" menu and seeing if it has saved the location... Nothing

I've tried numerous things, after the pushpin appears, but nothing seems to work. The pushpin just appears to be decoration only.

Jz.
zuckerj
Send a message

Post by zuckerj
I've usually got it zoomed all the way in so I know what I'm tapping on.

I did make a discovery last night. If I click directly on an INTERSECTION I'll get the context menu to come up with the pushpin, asking if I want to set as destination, or set as departure, or save location.

But if I click ANYWHERE else that is not an INTERSECTION (including roads) all I get is a pushpin that shows up. I guess this is better than not working, but if I want to save a location in the middle of a BIG block, I can't I'll have to choose one of the intersections near by.

I wonder if this is the same for all platforms.

Again, running WinMo 6.5 on HTC Imagio.

Thanx!

Jz.
zuckerj
Send a message

Post by zuckerj
lol.

I've got the same results zoomed in, and not zoomed in. If I'm not clicking right on an intersection, the pushpin doesn't come with a context menu. It is just a pushpin that I can do nothing with.

Jz.
zuckerj
Send a message

Post by zuckerj
Yes, Windows Mobile 6.5.
zuckerj
Send a message

Post by zuckerj
waynemcdougall wrote: Can you confirm
a) that you are trying (and failng) to select the location while the map is in 3D mode?
b) try switching to 2D map display (d on keyboard may work for that as a shortcut), and then see if road selection works by touch as you would expect
c) report back here on your experiences.
a) Yep, I'm trying to do it, and failing, in 3D mode.
b) You are correct. It works, as expected, in 2D mode.
c) Done. ;-)

Jz.
zuckerj
Send a message