The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Excessive Area Manager Assignments

Post by banished
I requested an area based on coordinates and ended up with a significantly larger area than what I requested...or can reasonably manage. After double checking my coordinates against Google Maps, I just now e-mailed Waze and asked them to undo it.

Any other Area Manager's (AM) experience this situation?

Banished
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:22886

Send a message
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I did just have a similar experience after requesting some areas from my hometown to the Oregon coast and several contiguous areas of the Oregon coast. What I ended up with was a lot of area all up and down the coast, significant portions east and up into Washington, which were not part of my original cartouche-viewed area. It's like the area the admins used from the central lat/lon is much larger than what I could view on-screen. Dunno.

I know some of the area, and I've got 18 pages of update requests to work on now. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by banished
Thanks. I used the Permalink process when I first started as an AM, but ended up with a mosaic despite my effort to align the areas without overlap. I then went to the coordinate method.

The first set of coordinates resulted in a larger area than I anticipated, but no harm and I could handle it. This second time, it far exceeded what I requested, and overlaps into other AMs' areas which I did not want to do.

Maybe it is all a non-issue. Lord knows most of the southeast, except for Florida and the major cities, didn't have any AMs assigned. I just won't be able to respond to update requests in a timely manner with such a large area.

Maybe this is punishment for all the editing work I have done so far? The reward for hard work is more hard work.

Banished
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by QuickOK
HI Banished, we recommend that you open up Cartouche, find the area that you would like to manage and make sure it fits in the screen, once you have that up click on Permalink and send that permalink to alpha@waze.com and tell them you want this area. That's the easiest way to do it.
QuickOK
Send a message