The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

"[SUPPORT?]GPS Points on Cartouche. where are recent points?

Post by majormajor42
Seems like all the GPS points that show up on the map are several months old. I don't see any that are newer than June. Is this a typical delay or something else?

I could see where at a certain time and in certain places, there might be too many points, such as on the NY State Thruway near me. But then there are many many roads, some of which I have driven repeatedly in the past few weeks, that have no points at all yet.

And speaking of that thruway. there are some GPS point traces that are way off. Like a 100 meters, if not more, off the proper track and away from the other traces close to the highway. Will these clearly erroneous points ever be cleaned up?

I have noticed, however, that I can select a road segment, that has no GPS points near it, but it will still have average speed data on edit road details panel. This speed data is useful cause I am using it (among other things) in order to help me edit the type of road it is, such as primary street, minor highway... and such.

edit: thanks for the reply unwallflower. I'm in North America. This is my area:
http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=5&l ... 1784700798
majormajor42

POSTER_ID:811224

Send a message
Last edited by majormajor42 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by unwallflower
Someone else mentioned this here: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6097

No conclusion was ever reached though. I've noticed the same thing... it doesn't seem like it should take 4 months for new GPS points to be uploaded. Would you mind editing your post title to include something like "[SUPPORT?]"? That will get support's attention and hopefully they'll respond.
unwallflower
Send a message