The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

LiveMap "Last Update" timestamp

Post by jernigan007
Can anyone explain what the "Last Update" timestamp displayed just below the live map means?
I assumed this would be the last time when changes made to the update map where published to live map..... BUT
When I open Live Map with internet Explorer, the date is 9.26.2010.
When i open Live Map with FireFox, the date is 10.14.2010.
(and I will almost swear that last night the date was 10.23.2010)

thinking the browser has some cached data, I delete temporary files in both IT and Firefox and still get the same results.
I suppose it's possible I'm connecting to to different server, although I copy/pasted the url between browsers to try to eliminate that as a problem.

So what does this date mean?
jernigan007

POSTER_ID:765593

Send a message

Post by addrian20
On the world server, the date is 10.23.2010 on Chrome, Firefox, IE7 and Opera (i'm logged in only on Chrome). It's also pretty consistent with my updates from back then.

I never noticed the timestamp before, but it's sure gonna make waiting for an update a bit easier.
addrian20
Send a message
Area Manager for Constanta, Romania

Post by jernigan007
I'm using the US server.
A little more info.
When I access LiveMap in the Office, I see dates of 10.14.2010 or 9.26.2010 depending on the browser I am using.
When I access LiveMap from home, I see the date is 10.24.2010.

One obvious difference I know is that our office intranet to internet brige is actually in Paris. But I have no idea why the wave US maps is different when coming in from an US IP addr vs an Europe IP addr. Perhaps the US map is cached on the world servers and although I'm using the same URL, behind the scenes I'm actually talk to a server in Europe when connecting using our office connection.

I don't seem to notice any difference when I switch over to Cartouche.
So does not represent much of an issue. The different dates with different browser is weird, but there are much more important things in life to worry about.
jernigan007
Send a message