Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Major problem for Australian Routing

Post by phoniclynx
Started doing a lot of editing for Adelaide especially and I've noticed something that could really badly effect routing in traffic type circumstances.

Here in Australia we drive on the LEFT hand side of the road. When doing editing in Cartoche all the points become backwards for the routing here. When you look at the Green "allowed" trafic its showing on the wrong side of the road.

Waze I think this will seriously need to be looked into if your going to have a dramatic effect here in Australia. Could end up causing some big problems if not looked into !
phoniclynx

POSTER_ID:913947

Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
Still, for many reasons, it needs to be correct...and I believe it's possible, since afaik in UK it is already in effect. There's another topic in the forum for africa where a similar discussion takes place. Hope it's just a server setting.
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by ManicMinor
The scenario where this creates a real problem is when you try and split a two-way road into two parallel one-way roads, as direction on the new roads are then the reverse of what they should be...
ManicMinor
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
The side of the road that the green shows on will not effect the possible turns. Directionality and turns is based on direction of travel not which side of the road you are driving on, as phone GPSs are just not that accurate.

Issues you might experience is splitting a road, and roundabouts. Things might get backwards. It appears that this is set able in the servers, but until this is set, they can be fixed manually.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RallyChris
I agree that it can be fixed, just noting that it will not have a disastrous effect on routing. It's a cosmetic display issue, just in cartouche.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by robin1979
ManicMinor wrote:The scenario where this creates a real problem is when you try and split a two-way road into two parallel one-way roads, as direction on the new roads are then the reverse of what they should be...
To me it seems to be random which directionality the roads get. Even in LHD Europe the roads are often switched when splitting.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by unwallflower
robin1979 wrote:
ManicMinor wrote:The scenario where this creates a real problem is when you try and split a two-way road into two parallel one-way roads, as direction on the new roads are then the reverse of what they should be...
To me it seems to be random which directionality the roads get. Even in LHD Europe the roads are often switched when splitting.
Agreed. Sometimes in the US when I split roads they are arranged as if we drive on the left.
unwallflower
Send a message