The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

editing problems

Post by jklier
I'm having a mutitude of issues when atempting to edit roads. For clarity I will stick to the major ones.

FIrst, I drive a road that has been re-routed. The old section is now private property. I have driven the new section at least three times while reporting new roads with the client but it doesn't ever show up. It does show up on the map online however so this may be an issue of waiting to get it approved. The old road that is now on private property has proven difficult to delete. It seems to be in about 10 different sections even though it is just a few miles long and it never seems to get though the deletion process for even one section. Is there a way to select all the sections at once and then delete?

I also have a few roads I drive every day that have gaps even though the road is contiguous. The gaps show on my client but not on the online map. How do you fix this?

Last, on my daily route there is a speed trap that shows up every day. This is a common place for a trap but it is not there more than once ever couple of months. How can this permanent trap be deleted so that it only shows when reported??
jklier

POSTER_ID:15951

Send a message

Post by RallyChris
First, when posting map editing issues, it is helpful to provide a SuperPermalink. Most issues are a lot easier to understand when you have the visual
jklier wrote:FIrst, I drive a road that has been re-routed. The old section is now private property. I have driven the new section at least three times while reporting new roads with the client but it doesn't ever show up. It does show up on the map online however so this may be an issue of waiting to get it approved. The old road that is now on private property has proven difficult to delete. It seems to be in about 10 different sections even though it is just a few miles long and it never seems to get though the deletion process for even one section. Is there a way to select all the sections at once and then delete?
If you are in an area where there are base maps, you have to edit the road in cartouche (update map) before they will show in the client. You can delete multiple segments at one time by ctrl clicking each segment, but unless you are an area manager, they may not be deleted, but go into pending delete status.
jklier wrote:I also have a few roads I drive every day that have gaps even though the road is contiguous. The gaps show on my client but not on the online map. How do you fix this?
The easiest way is to use the "add road" edit option and add the missing segment. You will then need to do the connection to the other roads to make navigation work. I've glossed over the details as this is covered in the wiki
jklier wrote:Last, on my daily route there is a speed trap that shows up every day. This is a common place for a trap but it is not there more than once ever couple of months. How can this permanent trap be deleted so that it only shows when reported??
You will have to find it in cartouche and delete it. Speed cameras should not be used for places where a officer might be.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by waynemcdougall
jklier wrote:I'm having a mutitude of issues when atempting to edit roads. For clarity I will stick to the major ones.

FIrst, I drive a road that has been re-routed. The old section is now private property. I have driven the new section at least three times while reporting new roads with the client but it doesn't ever show up. It does show up on the map online however so this may be an issue of waiting to get it approved.
Correct.
jklier wrote:The old road that is now on private property has proven difficult to delete. It seems to be in about 10 different sections even though it is just a few miles long and it never seems to get though the deletion process for even one section. Is there a way to select all the sections at once and then delete?
You can hold the CTRL key down and select each segment, OR
you can select the first segement, hold CTRL and select the last segment and then choose "Select all roads in between" from the Edit Panel. Then you can choose "Delete Roads". Note that Selct all roads can be finicky if the road names aren't right, they don't connect, etc, etc, etc
jklier wrote:I also have a few roads I drive every day that have gaps even though the road is contiguous. The gaps show on my client but not on the online map. How do you fix this?
You may have an option in your settings to force a refresh of the map. Try planning your route, while you are connected to the internet. That should force a refresh of the area.
jklier wrote:Last, on my daily route there is a speed trap that shows up every day. This is a common place for a trap but it is not there more than once ever couple of months. How can this permanent trap be deleted so that it only shows when reported??
Personally, I'd leave it there. What are the chances that when the trap is there that some other Wazer will come through and report it before you come through? It's a nice reminder that this is a good area to watch your speed, in general.

But to answer your question, you can delete it from the map editor. Turn on the Speedcams layer to see it. I'm told that if enough wazers choose "Not there" when driving past it will go as well. Can't confirm that. I'd guess it would be individual reports, so you doing it 3 times might be enough.
waynemcdougall
Send a message
Waze User Manuals, Map Editing guide and support at http://www.waze.com/wiki
Wayne McDougall
Make Friends with me on Facebook and we'll compete against each other on the Scoreboard
http://www.facebook.com/wayne.w.mcdougall