The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

parking lot landmark type

Post by thumper44312
Hi All!

This is my first post to the forums. I've decided to do some map editing and stumbled across something in the maps that I find odd.

My questions revolve around the following location in Akron, OH, USA:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-81.49 ... TTTTTTTTFT

First, the three landmarks on the east side of the road. All three are marked as "Parking Lot". They buildings marked as landmarks are, from south to north, Taco Bell, Mr Hero, and a bank. I understand that was is highlighted is a parking lot. It seems to me more logical to mark them as restaurants and a bank. Many buildings have parking lots. To me, parking lot should only be used for plots of land that are solely dedicated to parking. Should these be corrected?

Now, for the strip mall on the west side of the road. The description calls out several businesses. Sav-a-lot, for example, only makes up the eastern-most tenant of the building at the south end of the complex. I would think the current landmark should be removed and specific locations within the mall be called out. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Frank
thumper44312

POSTER_ID:13249054

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
All those landmarks should be deleted. See the Near Final US Landmark Guidelines for more info.

Also, Parking Lot Segments are typically NOT named.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by CBenson
I'd reach out to Nruha if you are deleting them, so you are both on the same page.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902