Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Recent Routes Question

Post by Lemon
Can anyone speak to the meanings of some of the error messages you see when you trace your recent routes in Cartouche? Here is a screen shot of one:

Some say:

UPDATE_TOO_SHORT
RESOLVER_FAIL_PREMATURE
type: GAP
FILTER_SLOW
NEW_IN_UPDATE
Lemon

POSTER_ID:9461

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by darybo
Bump.

Does anyone know what any of these mean? I'm hitting several of them on my daily commute and am trying to understand whether they're indicating something needing to be corrected in the map data. Or are they just indicating problems with the GPS signal? It sounds a bit like the latter, but they seem to happen in the same places for me and don't seem to always correlate to being under an overpass or anything... Perhaps data network problems?

Another one I've come across is RESOLVER_FAIL_DUPLICATE.

Daniel
darybo
Send a message

Post by mohammedmubeen
"LAST_IN_TRACK"

what does this error message mean? I always get this at a particular point in the map & the routing on the client always fails from this point onwards!!
mohammedmubeen
Send a message

Post by The Fej
All these errors are the internal process indicating where it could not use the data (for various reasons).
In this specific case, RESOLVER_FAIL_DUPLICATE indicates Process had multiple options, and couldn't decide which path to chose.
Overall, you can simply set to view only the 'scan' related issues and ignore the 'merger' related ones (via the view panel map problems section) and thus the problems (which are marked on the map so that we can improve the process as well as to enable the process to treat multiple occurances of same problem) will not appear on the route.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message