The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Contact area manager

Post by mrtiger
How can i contact the area manager.
I got some problems in this roundabout http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=5 ... FTFFFFTTTT
mrtiger

POSTER_ID:354201

Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
You can switch on a layer in Cartouche to reveal the area manager. I did that for you and the area manager for that spot is nemo81. Unfortunately there is no user on the forum by that name, so I wouldn't know of any way to contact him/her directly.
BrutusNL
Send a message
Last edited by BrutusNL on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by BrutusNL
mrtiger wrote:So it not posseble to contact the area manager in cartouche as we can do with the client?
I don't think so. What's the problem? If you switch on the AM layer in Cartouche and zoom out or pan to another area, you might see other AM's that can edit the map for you. But the best would be to report a map error via client as mentioned by Steve. You can also report via Livemap. Just click on the Livemap and click report a problem.
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
Sorry, D, that people are automatically subscribed to the forum may be true, but the user who is area manager cannot be found in the forum. I did a name search from a PM and couldn't find the name that is shown in Cartouche. So, he/she cannot be reached through the forum.
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
You are automatically signed up to the forums when you sign up to waze. Use the PM function and they will be notified of the PM via email. I've contacted a number of users, who ordinarily wouldn't come near the forums, via this method!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
Brutus, I've never not been able to find a user. Perhaps this user in question deleted their waze account?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by jondrush
RallyChris wrote: AMs up until very recently did not get any notifications (emails, flags, etc.) At this point, the only "notification" that happens is a weekly alert if you have an iPhone that states how many update requests there are, and how many were resolved.
How do you get these? I haven't seen this.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by mrtiger
So it not posseble to contact the area manager in cartouche as we can do with the client?
mrtiger
Send a message

Post by mrtiger
If i use live map and mark the the road, then it pop up a window. It say that i can report a problem. If i do that, will the area manager get the message?
mrtiger
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Area managers are volunteers. Some are very OCD about servicing every update request, and pending deletions. Some just signed up to be AMs because they couldn't do what they wanted in their neighborhood. At this point there is no direct contact method other than if they have signed up for the forums.

AMs up until very recently did not get any notifications (emails, flags, etc.) At this point, the only "notification" that happens is a weekly alert if you have an iPhone that states how many update requests there are, and how many were resolved.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png