The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by unwallflower
RallyChris wrote:Route processing is behind, I noticed the map problem layer isn't generating merge problems in the last 50 days. Suspect that things are being turned off trying to keep up, and this might be one of them.
Possibly they did turn it off... but I have to wonder how long they're going to keep it off! The most recent GPS points I can find in cartouche are over 4 months old. That's a looong time to not upload GPS points. :?

At any rate, I emailed support.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
HavanaDay wrote:Sorry I should have posted on my topic that I wrote to them and they said they saw the problem and were working on it. I was waiting to get some more definitive answers before I posted. I don't think it would hurt to send it to them as I am waiting to do some work on some major roads til they fix it.
No worries. I did email them, and here's the response (quite puzzling and very contradictory to what they said to you):
Waze Support wrote:Once clicking on the Recent GPS points option - you should receive one month old GPS information only and not more.
Please check again, and if you still experience this problem - please send us a permalink of the area you've checked so we can look into it.
Okay. PLEASE tell me I'm not crazy. Please tell me that you guys don't have a "Recent GPS Points" option. I looked and looked, and I know it used to be there... but it's not anymore.

I'm so frustrated with all these contradictory responses I get. It's like everybody is running around willy-nilly and no two people give the same answer. :cry:
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
RallyChris wrote: Your not. That was removed a while ago. Sometimes I think support is maybe looking at a test site, or answers from memory, instead of checking to see if things are different.
That's what I think they do as well. Sometimes frustrating...
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Well, I emailed them back this morning after I replied to this topic. Pointed out that they're being awfully inconsistent. Also mentioned that even if there WAS a recent GPS points option, that doesn't explain why the most recent GPS points in cartouche are nearly 5 months old... heck, that means that if there WAS a recent GPS points option, it wouldn't even work because there aren't any points from the past month! :roll:

Seems like they aren't thinking at all.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
support wrote:Hi all,

"Recent GPS Points" layer option was removed since the "GPS Points" Layer does the same job, it was not a useful layer anymore.
In addition, if you still want to view recent drives you can do it through Edit Panel -> Archive.

Thanks,

Ron D.
Thanks for the reply, but it seems that Waze support is once again completely misunderstanding the problem.

We are not complaining that there is no "recent GPS points" layer. We are saying that the most recent GPS points in cartouche are from FIVE months ago. If you go in and click around on the GPS points, it's obvious that there have been no GPS points added to this layer for five months. THAT is the problem.

Additionally, over half of the GPS points in cartouche seem to have disappeared in the last 48 hours. Areas around me that once had a ton of GPS points are now very sparsely covered.

There is something wrong with the uploading of GPS points if there haven't been any new ones uploaded in the past five months. This has nothing to do with the lack of a recent GPS points layer.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
FYI, for those interested: I received an email from support this morning saying that they passed this issue onto the developers... and then an hour later I received an email from Ron stating the same thing he said in this post.

I'm about ready to give up. I feel like I can't make anything understood.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
waynemcdougall wrote:Don't give up. Now I am seeing recent GPS points on the world server. They appear within days. I haven't noticed any disappearing. You may wish to note this is a WWW server issue, unless someone is seeing different from me on World?
Only reason that I'm ready to give up is it seems that support is completely unable to answer the question that is asked in any topic. It's like they're constantly misreading what everyone says. When I email them saying "the most recent GPS points in cartouche are from 5 months ago" they should not say "oh, click the 'Recent GPS Points' layer"... especially when that layer doesn't even exist. It's a joke... it's like they aren't even trying to help.

I'm glad you're seeing recent GPS points. Are you able to click to select them as well? I'm no longer able to select any GPS points, wondering if this is also a www issue.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Just received an email from Omer - sounds like they've fixed the issue, and everything will be correctly displayed once the backlog of routes/points/etc they're currently experiencing is cleared up.

Woohoo! :D
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by waynemcdougall
Don't give up. Now I am seeing recent GPS points on the world server. They appear within days. I haven't noticed any disappearing. You may wish to note this is a WWW server issue, unless someone is seeing different from me on World?
waynemcdougall
Send a message
Waze User Manuals, Map Editing guide and support at http://www.waze.com/wiki
Wayne McDougall
Make Friends with me on Facebook and we'll compete against each other on the Scoreboard
http://www.facebook.com/wayne.w.mcdougall