The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Strange names for areas of Cincinnati???

Post by DaveWW00
As I drive around Cincinnati, Ohio i have noticed labels for the area that are completely wrong. For example, it will show "Washington" or "Birmingham" on the map and also in the top right corner of the online map editor. Can somebody please tell me how to fix those or why they are labeled that way?

Also I would like to edit some roads around home/work but it says i dont have permission. How can i become an area manager so i can fix some of these interchanges that are horrible on the map right now. One of them keeps giving me directions to drive off the side of a bridge since the ramps are missing from the map.
DaveWW00

POSTER_ID:991807

Send a message

Post by GizmoGuy411
We are seeing "Washington, Other" and "Birmingham" in the NW Ohio and SE Michigan areas too. As I edit roads I enter in the correct city or at least blank them out if I am not sure. When I applied to become an Area Manager, they said it was a know issue, but they did not suggest I submit any Permalinks to them. I'll continue to fix roads as I edit them for other reasons, and hope that they correct the wider issue in the future from their back end.
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by RallyChris
The base map used government data, and it looks like the neighborhood names were used instead of the mailing address city names. The names shown on the map are placed in the approx center of the area that is created by the road segments that have this "city" name.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by stevenhaywood
Hi
Area names are derived from the roads themselves. It is likely that some roads in your area have the wrong city name. Before you become an area manager study the portions of the wiki related to map editing and improvement. It's quite an art, and the instructions for becoming an AM are also on the wiki...
stevenhaywood
Send a message