The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

"City English name" can't be deleted

Post by RonV42
Ok somehow the City English name field for "Hoffman Estates" IL has "Sussex Walk" in the field. Not all parts of Hoffman Estates have this but mostly in this area of the map:

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4&l ... 1=14952912

How do you delete the "City English name" value?
RonV42
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:723660

Send a message
Android • Area Manager: Hoffman Estates, IL and surrounding areas of Northwest Suburbs of Chicago area
Motorola Backflip 2.1 (J_R0DD preclair 1.6)

Post by Atlas85
Try sending an email to alpha@waze.com . The problem appears all over the world.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by Atlas85
It is mistyping. But it shouldn’t be happening. There should be some sort of filter that flags a warning when the names are very dissimilar. Or the function shouldn’t even exist maybe… Anyway, it is easy to fix too, as you only have to change 1 alternative name and that is automatically valid for the whole city.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by JORGE_OSPINA
The same problem with Lima, Peru, the default city english name is "Av. Manco Capac" which is wrong.
JORGE_OSPINA
Send a message

Post by MagicOfLA
Isn't it just some sort of mistyping?
I myself incorrectly entered the road name into the City english name field some time ago and was refused to make a correction. Anyway Area Manager could correct the name.

Just file a Problem report...
MagicOfLA
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by MagicOfLA
Atlas85 wrote:It is mistyping. But it shouldn’t be happening. There should be some sort of filter that flags a warning when the names are very dissimilar. Or the function shouldn’t even exist maybe… Anyway, it is easy to fix too, as you only have to change 1 alternative name and that is automatically valid for the whole city.
I can't imagine such a filter. How would you check 北京/Beijing? Or Москва́/Moscow?
Ok those are a bit off, let me choose something in the West Europe... how about München/Munich, Napoli/Naples, Wien/Vienna? Just to name a few...

There could be a simple workaround though... don't leave the field empty or else anybody can enter anything. A simple copy of the city name would prevent this mistyping.
Ok that's just a thought of mine...

M.
MagicOfLA
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by support
RonV42 wrote:Ok somehow the City English name field for "Hoffman Estates" IL has "Sussex Walk" in the field. Not all parts of Hoffman Estates have this but mostly in this area of the map:

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4&l ... 1=14952912

How do you delete the "City English name" value?

Hi!

"City english name" can't be deleted,

can only be change if isn't correct.

Regards,
Damian
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by thetapeworm
Same issue with UK updates for me - "Gipton Approach" is the default for all edits no matter where they are. Thought I was going crazy, glad to hear it's not just me ;)
thetapeworm
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message