The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Remove wrong city name

Post by tonikostov
Hi there,

does anyone know how to remove the wrong city name at this location:

http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6 ... 1=90431741

It says 'Roma', where it really is Skopje. I have found some streets that had 'Roma' entered for 'City', instead of 'Skopje', but I have updated them. Still, this area is named 'Roma' instead of 'Skopje' and I cannot find a single street at this area that has Roma entered for 'City'.

Thanks a lot!
tonikostov

POSTER_ID:7177

Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Waze HQ is working on server upgrades, but I'm seeing about a week cycle right now on the NA (www) server. Please note, that in my working with Waze, it appears that city processing is not done as often as just street updates. Which kinda makes sense from a "where can we save processing time" point of view. The city names and boundaries are really a cosmetic thing, the routing server uses the city names assigned to the road segments, so it's not as critical to update city locations on a daily basis (once the map is up 2 date, the city boundaries shouldn't change that much)
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by tonikostov
How long does it usually take to updated the map?
I remember I have edited the streets in that area last week. Is it long enough?
tonikostov
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
How long have you waited since you updated the city names? Things are taking a while to update now, I'm thinking maybe you just haven't waited long enough.
unwallflower
Send a message