The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Resolving map problems in Cartouche

Post by Spacemanuk
hi, i am still learning HOW to use cartouche effectively. i click on MAP PROBLEMS on the left menu of cartouche and it brings up all the red or orange balloons highlighting the problems, the first one that i went on to was this
:- http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=9 ... -1=4979629

i can edit this as it is within my radius, and this is not a road just a BAD TRACE , but i cannot seem to remove it or resolve the problem.
can anyone give me some pointers on how to do this???? i have done over 300 map updated using cartouche making my driven roads named and permanent but im not sure what im doing when resolving map probs
many thanks
Tony -Spacemanuk
Spacemanuk

POSTER_ID:971988

Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
Spacemanuk wrote:and this is not a road just a BAD TRACE , but i cannot seem to remove it or resolve the problem.
Not sure, but if it's that you cannot delete roads, it might be because you are not an area manager. For some edits it suffices to have driven near the area you want to edit, for some more intrusive edits (like deleting roads), you have to be an area manager. This role can me assigned by Waze, by requesting in the proper forum thread or sending a request with user-id, permalink of the area and a short description of the area to alpha@waze.com
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by Spacemanuk
Many thanks to you both for your replies . I will apply for a manager i think although im not too sure if there is one for my area already . Can there be more than 1 for each area ? Cheers
Tony
Spacemanuk
Send a message

Post by Spacemanuk
Many thanks Steven
Tony
Spacemanuk
Send a message

Post by stevenhaywood
Yes it's not an exclusive thing. You can have many managers for one area and/or overlapping areas with another manager
stevenhaywood
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Are you talking about the problem #50 that shows up? It does just appear to be poor GPS points. Have you tried selecting the problem, and then on the edit menu under the "Resolve" option, marking "not a problem" and clicking "Resolve"?

I don't worry about map problems terribly much. They can sometimes tell you helpful things, but most of the time they're old and irrelevant.

Additionally, here are two wiki pages that might help you with the map problems. One on merger problems, and one on scan problems.
unwallflower
Send a message