The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Add new landmarks...?!

Post by TheIncNL
Hi,

I want to add some "sport facility" landmarks in my region to get faster navigation to soccer clubs.
Every time when I want to add a landmark I get a: "Can't execute query: SELECT transform(bladiebladieblibla"

like:
waze.JPG
Cartouche fault
(9.54 KiB) Downloaded 1116 times
Is it something I'm not doing right or is Cartouch screwing with me...?!

BTW: the search function is not helpfull?!

Thanx in advance...

NI
TheIncNL

POSTER_ID:925643

Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro // 16.3.1
Waze: 4.28.0.2
Zuid Holland, Alphen aan den Rijn - The Netherlands
Twitter: TheIncNL

Post by huahin
Hi Noxiousinc,

I can't duplicate your error message. I add lots of landmarks but I don't see "sports facility" on my pull down menu. I do see "sports center" and "stadium" and just added one of each in the Gulf of Thailand with no complaints. Seating may prove to be a problem though...

You probably know this but you do have to define the area where the facility is located and then use the pull down menu to describe it, and then give it a name. Doing that works for me. If it doesn't for you and you are the Area Manager in the region you're trying to edit, you'll probably need to communicate with those fiends at alpha@waze.com.

I always do my best to avoid that but their reply to your problem should be better than the standard reply to Map Problem queries.

Good luck,

huahin

[quote="NoxiousInc"]Hi,

I want to add some "sport facility" landmarks in my region to get faster navigation to soccer clubs.
Every time when I want to add a landmark I get a: "Can't execute query: SELECT
huahin
Send a message

Post by TheIncNL
Hi Huahin,

I'm trying to add some sport centers indeed. Sport facility was ment overall...
waze2.JPG
Cartouch Fault 2
(187.33 KiB) Downloaded 1097 times
So this is the picture I'm getting sofar...

greetz,

NI
TheIncNL
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro // 16.3.1

Post by TheIncNL
unwallflower wrote:I was able to duplicate this error. You're getting this error because you're trying to save the landmark without first defining the geometry. You can't just click the map and add the landmark... the geometry has to be defined, and I can tell from the screenshot you posted that you're not doing that first.

I can't take a screen shot for you right now, maybe someone else can... but if you mess around with it you should be able to figure it out. When you get the crosshair cursor after clicking "add landmark", THAT is when you define the geometry. Basically click along the outline of the sports center/whatever landmark you're defining. It won't let you save it if you just click a point.
Rambam thank you man... with a little help such big step...

You are totally right! I forgot to define the geometry indeed... now I did and no error message anymore...

CASE CLOSED!!

**THANX**
TheIncNL
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro // 16.3.1

Post by unwallflower
I was able to duplicate this error. You're getting this error because you're trying to save the landmark without first defining the geometry. You can't just click the map and add the landmark... the geometry has to be defined, and I can tell from the screenshot you posted that you're not doing that first.

I can't take a screen shot for you right now, maybe someone else can... but if you mess around with it you should be able to figure it out. When you get the crosshair cursor after clicking "add landmark", THAT is when you define the geometry. Basically click along the outline of the sports center/whatever landmark you're defining. It won't let you save it if you just click a point.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
You're welcome! Glad I could help. :)
unwallflower
Send a message