The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AndyPoms
Thortok2000 wrote:Question: What should you do for a "there was no problem to solve" situation? Not identified, or 'solve'?

Example: Someone reports a toll road, but the road was already marked as a toll road. Or they report a toll booth, which already has a landmark on the map. I sent a note about how Waze doesn't display toll booths and suggested he check the 'avoid toll roads' setting on his app, then marked solve.

Next question: If you mark it as solved, does the user still get your message?
Feel free to try to start a dialog, but I would just mark it as "Not Identified" as the error they are trying to report isn't one.

Also, Toll Booths are not mapped - see the near final USA Landmark Guidelines.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by ArtVictorP
I think this "issue" started at the moment that I could notice how many times a UR could be closed by someone else even if I was waiting for the 7-day-etiquette to close it myself if I had no response from the reporting user.
Before this feature, we didn't have to "keep an eye" on an UR, we just closed it as solved or unidentified at the moment. That's why it is said: "Ignorance is a bliss".

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
ArtVictorP
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ArtVictorP
edsonajj wrote:
ArtVictorP wrote:Before this feature, we didn't have to "keep an eye" on an UR, we just closed it as solved or unidentified at the moment. That's why it is said: "Ignorance is a bliss".
That depends more on your community than the comments feature, in México we already had a rule about not closing as "Not Identified" any reports for which the icon wow still yellow.
Good policy! May I know how good were its results?
It would be a good idea to apply it in Ecuador too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
ArtVictorP
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ArtVictorP
edsonajj wrote:
ArtVictorP wrote:Good policy! May I know how good were its results?
In the cities where I'm most active it works well since I try and train the local editors an the correct practices... The biggest problem are the users who don't read the wiki (same as every tool and rule) but I try and get in contact with the newbies I notice to point them in the right direction.
Trabajo de hormiga pana... Trabajo de hormiga. I'm in. ;)
ArtVictorP
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ArtVictorP
edsonajj wrote:
ArtVictorP wrote:
edsonajj wrote: That depends more on your community than the comments feature, in México we already had a rule about not closing as "Not Identified" any reports for which the icon wow still yellow.
Good policy! May I know how good were its results?
In the cities where I'm most active it works well since I try and train the local editors an the correct practices... The biggest problem are the users who don't read the wiki (same as every tool and rule) but I try and get in contact with the newbies I notice to point them in the right direction.
By the way Edson, you could read this thread created to establish some "practices" regarding the URs. What do you think about it? Maybe we could create a "Good behavior guide for editors" available for all, at the wiki or on all forums.
ArtVictorP
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by bart99gt
Comment system has already proven to be helpful to me in resolving an issue. I fixed a UR last week, but apparently on that users client they hadn't seen the update and reported it again. I was able to explain to them that the issue had been corrected, and to refresh the map on their client. They replied that that did the trick and thanked me for the update.

So thanks to Waze for providing this very useful tool.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by Bigbear3764
I think it has been working well in my area. I get to see who the editors are in my area asking for info, watch what they saying back to them, and they get to see how I'm handling them. Been a good learning experience for all. Some have asked for help when they can't fix the problem. Some have been closed and I don't know what they did to fix it. But it's a learning experience for all.

You really don't know till you ask what the problem was and what rank is needed to fix it. Most of mine are complaints about being directed down alleys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Borgholio
"Recent Drives" lines from the Missing Road reports are still missing half the time.
Borgholio
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
You will be assimilated...bunghole!

Area Manager - Southern California, Highway 395, Yosemite National Park, Mariposa County and surrounding area.

[img]https:///NvxDK[/img] [img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]

Post by Calopez78
Hi,

The restrictions I set on the INTL server didn't work at all. Those are all about a reversible street. Were set on past Nov 3rd, so should be already up. Actually the road (which was one way) is already presented as double way. (so routing was a mess today :oops: )

I set it only by restricting segments. I didn't use any turn restriction because supposed the segments would be enough. Is that the missing part?

If anyone mind taking a look, a small part of the reversible street is this:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&zo ... ,235870577

Much appreciatted
Calopez78
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Carlos A. López-Calopez78
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: Colombia
"Experto" en Colombia: Navegación/Ruteo
Moderador:Foro de Colombia.
Wiki: Waze en Colombia

Post by Calopez78
Any help on this? anybody?

Time restrictions on turns seems to have improved (not perfectly) the problem. Seems to me that time restrictions on segments are kind of useless?

Best.
Calopez78 wrote:Hi,

The restrictions I set on the INTL server didn't work at all. Those are all about a reversible street. Were set on past Nov 3rd, so should be already up. Actually the road (which was one way) is already presented as double way. (so routing was a mess today :oops: )

I set it only by restricting segments. I didn't use any turn restriction because supposed the segments would be enough. Is that the missing part?

If anyone mind taking a look, a small part of the reversible street is this:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&zo ... ,235870577

Much appreciatted
Calopez78
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Carlos A. López-Calopez78
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: Colombia
"Experto" en Colombia: Navegación/Ruteo
Moderador:Foro de Colombia.