Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Thortok2000
As for communication, do we want to go with a 3-warning system?

First message - Response indicating what additional information is needed.

2 days later - Additional response indicating that report will be filed as 'Not Identified' if no response by X (X is set to 7 days after first message)

5 days later - Another friendly reminder that report will be filed as 'Not Identified' if no response by X

7 days later - A note saying the report is being filed as 'Not Identified' due to lack of contact, and then file the report as Not Identified.

Does this work for professionalism?
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///tdL1sG[/img][img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^

Post by Thortok2000
@jasonh - If I saw a report that needed additional information and I knew what information I needed to ask for, I would go ahead and ask for that information. Only when I knew what needed to be done to fix it would I even look to see what the locks are in that area. If I then didn't have a high enough rank to do the fix myself, I'd go to the unlock forum and request the correct fix. If I didn't know how to do the fix, I'd go to the proper forum and ask for help on how to do the fix.

This is how I learn and grow as an editor. This is the way it's done.

There's a difference between a NEW editor and a BAD editor. A bad editor can potentially be any rank, although you do tend to see more of them at lower rank, it's true. They usually get weeded out before rising in rank.

It's one thing to request to be able to prevent bad editors from messing things up, but it's another to block all new editors completely.

If anything, you should be able to lock a region so that if a report shows up in that region, someone below the lock level cannot 'solve' or 'not identified' the reports in that area. But I don't think you should block comments. The rank of the commenter shows up in the comment anyway, and anyone else can easily follow and/or join the conversation. And if someone says the wrong thing, you can report the editor for that and/or PM them about what they did wrong.

~

What I'd like to see is an option to automatically follow all UR's in my editable area since I'm going to do that anyway even if I'm not the first to reply (although I usually am since I check the Waze map several times a day.) Perhaps even getting an e-mail notification that a UR (or automatic report) has appeared, and then I won't have to obsessively check the map anymore. That would rock.
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///tdL1sG[/img][img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^

Post by Timbones
omba_de wrote:I recently recognized, that the Livemap-URs don't have the additonal info "sent via Livemap" anymore.
This was a feature of the UROverview script, not part of the official editor.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by tonestertm
Vicki- just had a lightning round with about 3 or 4 replies both from the reporter and another editor in the space of about 15 minutes, for what that's worth. ;)

Which leads me to my question, on which I haven't found anything:

When there are multiple editors commenting on a UR, what does the reporter see? IOW, can they see that there are different editors commenting, or do we just look schizophrenic?
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
shawndoc wrote:It shows the editor's name in the email, but they have to be paying attention to see it.
Thanks! Does that go for the app notifications, too?
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by trooster10
A few things I've noticed:

1. "env=usa" is required at the end of the editor URL in order to access the restrictions and conversations panels.

2. Letters and dashes are now allowed in house numbers (though not together).

3. The "Edit House Numbers" button remains clickable after making edits to the map, though making edits to house numbers after making edits to the map results in a save error and loss of edits.

4. There are more GPS points than before but not as many as before the layer was cleared, and they are still somewhat outdated. Tracks from new URs and MPs don't appear on the layer.

5. In some cases when streets intersect at a narrow angle (example - LT from Gay to Federal), the clock icon to open the restrictions panel is blocked by the U-turn arrow, and clicking it is impossible.
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by trooster10 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas R. - Level 5 Editor
State Manager - Maryland