Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Olestas
When receiving notification about conversations - the link to editor is in old format:
See this issue in the Waze map editor https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=xxxxx
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Yes, something should be done. Some editors keep closing reports with questions as not identified before someone even answers. And those editors do not reply to private messages :(

And can recorded drives and routes lines in UR's be made double longer (not including start and final point of course). Currently they are often not long enough to determine whats was the problem.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by omba_de
I recently recognized, that the Livemap-URs don't have the additonal info "sent via Livemap" anymore. That's too bad, because it's difference if someone is just panning the map and seeing some inconsistencies, or if a UR is sent on site...

Although, is it possible to recieve an email-notification for a solved Livemap-UR? (as it was some time ago?)
omba_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/0/00/AtericSig.png

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert

Post by omba_de
Timbones wrote:
omba_de wrote:I recently recognized, that the Livemap-URs don't have the additonal info "sent via Livemap" anymore.
This was a feature of the UROverview script, not part of the official editor.
Oh really? Huh. Didn't know it was related to URO...
Thanks...
omba_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/0/00/AtericSig.png

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert

Post by ottonomy
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I didn't even think URs showed up outside a user's editable area, which means they could have rights to fix the issues within that area. If URs show up everywhere now, that's a WME issue which should be fixed.
SuperDave1426 wrote:Just as a FYI: I'm able to see URs and MPs outside of my editable area and even open them up to see what the reported issue is; however, I can't close them. Which is as it should be. :-)

I haven't looked to see if a UR outside of my editable area will let me start or add to a conversation, though. I think there's nothing wrong with being able to see a UR/MP outside of one's editable area, but I could see a possible issue if you can start or add to a conversation outside of your editable area, given the inability to actually close the UR as Solved or NI.
IF I'm logged in,
I can NOT see URs outside my editable area at all.
I can see, but not close, MPs outside my editable area.
If, however, I log out, and use Play Mode, I can see both URs and MPs anywhere.
I'm using Chrome v 30.0.1599.101 if it makes a difference.
These conditions are the case for me in both the production and beta editors. SuperDave, can you verify that you're actually able to view URs outside your area, and not just MPs?
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - Southwest USA
Area Manager - Southern California

Post by paulkok_my
I received 4 email notification saying a fellow editor has marked the UR as not identified but there is no history of the conversation that has transpired.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
Today I got a few push notification on my client from UR replying but I do not receive any email notification. Anybody facing this?

Another thing is when I reply from the client, I do not see what I have posted on the client until the poster replies.

I can however see my replies if I access the UR through WME.

paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
SuperDave1426 wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:Today I got a few push notification on my client from UR replying but I do not receive any email notification. Anybody facing this?
I've been getting them ok so far. This is probably an obvious question, but have you checked with your E-Mail provider to make sure that the notifications from Waze aren't ending up being treated as spam?
I've all the while been receiving email notification for UR replies and from beta forum without problems. I've also checked no emails drop to my spam folder from waze.

I will do another test with fellow editors and see whether any further problems.

paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
I just received another push notification on my client a reply from the UR and confirmed I've yet to receive any email notification.

I have double confirmed that in my spam folder does not have any email from waze.

Another thing is the time shown on the client is UTC time at 11:43. By right it should show local time at 19:43

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/17/yse5apeb.jpg

paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Pizuz
Hello,

I think I found a serious bug... of some sort:

When batch-selecting a couple of segments that don't bear the same street name or city name (no common street and no common city), editing one of those fields deletes the contents of the other one.

I guess that this behavior is intended, however it has caused issues recently, when an editor in Germany tried to rename a number of incorrectly named city fields by selecting a bunch of road segments with different street names and changing their city fields to the correct name. Unfortunately those segments have lost their street names altogether, now. Even more unfortunately the user didn't notice that behavior and continued renaming city fields that way leaving a rather large area in Germany without street names. And it took the AMs and CMs long enough to notice that those changes couldn't be reverted anymore.

As a fix I'd like to propose the iTunes batch edit approach:

When encountering the “no common street/city” case, WME should present blank fields which would preserve the original names for the segments unless the user actually input something. That way a user trying to manually rename the city field in a large large numbers of segments won't accidentally delete the street field and vice versa, unless he explicitly wishes to (by checking the “no name” box). Furthermore, WME should issue a warning at least once, if a user tried to do that.
Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen