Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversation

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: New Editor Version! Scheduled Restrictions and Conversat

Postby paulkok_my » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:00 am

I received 4 email notification saying a fellow editor has marked the UR as not identified but there is no history of the conversation that has transpired.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:34 am
Location: Selangor, Malaysia
Has thanked: 355 times
Been thanked: 251 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversati

Postby Olestas » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:04 pm

But do turn restrictions actually work in routing?
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators
 
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Location: Latvia
Has thanked: 2871 times
Been thanked: 2084 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversati

Postby Machete808 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:59 pm

olestas wrote:But do turn restrictions actually work in routing?


They've worked in beta testing, according to multiple reports. Very useful in our area -- so far!
Machete808
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Has thanked: 232 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversati

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:05 pm

vickimachado wrote:
olestas wrote:But do turn restrictions actually work in routing?


They've worked in beta testing, according to multiple reports. Very useful in our area -- so far!

They do, but unless they have fixed a routing bug, restrictions which are dated and have a span of more than 50 days will not work. They were supposed to fix this as part of the public release.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 23614
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 1128 times
Been thanked: 4823 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversati

Postby Olestas » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Conversations feature works great. I have received answers in 5 minutes after posting question. And it is much better for users too, they write HUGE answers when not driving :D
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators
 
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Location: Latvia
Has thanked: 2871 times
Been thanked: 2084 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversati

Postby CBenson » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:15 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:restrictions which are dated and have a span of more than 50 days will not work. They were supposed to fix this as part of the public release.

But didn't yet.
ohad-ron wrote:A few things to note about this feature:
[*]There's currently a bug in the system where restrictions with duration of more than approximately 50 days are not taken into account. We are taking care of this and it will be solved within the next few days. You will be updated.[/list]

At least I haven't seen a update yet.
CBenson
 
Posts: 10330
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:13 pm
Location: Crownsville, MD, US
Has thanked: 1069 times
Been thanked: 2356 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversati

Postby Machete808 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:41 pm

CBenson wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:restrictions which are dated and have a span of more than 50 days will not work. They were supposed to fix this as part of the public release.

But didn't yet.
ohad-ron wrote:A few things to note about this feature:
[*]There's currently a bug in the system where restrictions with duration of more than approximately 50 days are not taken into account. We are taking care of this and it will be solved within the next few days. You will be updated.[/list]

At least I haven't seen a update yet.


Assume this means restrictions where there is a date range selected. What about permanent restrictions? If "every week" is selected, those restrictions work, right?
Machete808
Country Manager
Country Manager
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Has thanked: 232 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversati

Postby CBenson » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:45 pm

vickimachado wrote:What about permanent restrictions? If "every week" is selected, those restrictions work, right?

ohad-ron wrote:[*]Scheduled Restrictions are part of the map. That means that whenever tiles are updated the scheduled restrictions are updated.

They seem to be working for me.
CBenson
 
Posts: 10330
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:13 pm
Location: Crownsville, MD, US
Has thanked: 1069 times
Been thanked: 2356 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversati

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:33 pm

CBenson wrote:
vickimachado wrote:What about permanent restrictions? If "every week" is selected, those restrictions work, right?

They seem to be working for me.

Agreed. "All weeks" or no-date-ranged restrictions, both turn and segment types, are working as designed, from my POV.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 23614
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 1128 times
Been thanked: 4823 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversati

Postby Thortok2000 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:34 am

Hey, I made a test report so I can more fully realize what the client sees from feedback from an editor (so I can give better editor feedback.)

When I went to comment to myself though it flagged me as the reporter (well done!) but defeats the purpose of me seeing what it looks like when an editor replies.

Could someone reply to, but not close, this test report real quick? I'll close it myself once I see what it looks like when an editor replies.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TT&env=usa
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:01 am
Location: Greenville, SC
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 141 times

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Zombi33