A new version of the editor is upon us!
The two main features we are introducing today are Scheduled Restrictions
In general:Scheduled restrictions
- lets you define segments which are only available to some types of vehicles for some of the time. This is useful for HOV and public transport lanes, bridges, disallowed left turns in rush hour, etc.
A few things to note about this feature:
- Scheduled Restrictions are part of the map. That means that whenever tiles are updated the scheduled restrictions are updated. That makes this feature less appropriate for things like short-term construction works and and sports events. We are working hard on tools that will work for these use cases as well!
- Currently all Waze clients are considered a 'private vehicle' so that's the only kind of restrictions that apply.
- There's currently a bug in the system where restrictions with duration of more than approximately 50 days are not taken into account. We are taking care of this and it will be solved within the next few days. You will be updated.
- this feature lets you talk directly from the editor with people who have reported update requests. Client users are able to reply directly from the client, and you will get a notification to your client and an email when they respond.We encourage you to go and read the comprehensive wiki articles (Scheduled Restrictions / Conversations) so you can make the most out of these two features. These are very powerful features which can be destructive in untrained hands
I want to take the chance to thank our amazing community for helping us thoroughly test these features, suggest improvements, and write the wiki articles! You are the best!
Please let us know if you see any issues or have any feedback at all.