Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by lopaolo69
Marc... what a great idea.
But... maybe, the bug should be greater than the previous status :(

Paolo
lopaolo69
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Magoblack2
I particularly don't agree, because I think you can't take the changes of the map as competition. Because it is simple, many editors will change little things in various areas of the map just to get edit points. Therefore, instead of looking serious and important problems, will compete to see who edits more times, changing things that don't need to modified and forgetting what is important. Sometimes this is already happening with the current points system. So I think the system should continue as is, but the analysis of the changes of the map should be improved by giving more points for more effective and less points editions for small changes. Small changes, less points. If you know what I mean! It's just my opinion! ;)
Magoblack2
Send a message
Antes de começar a editar, que tal melhorar seus conhecimentos e assim garantir uma edição de qualidade? Acesse este tópico para ter acesso ao conteúdo fundamental sobre o Waze!

Wazeopedia - Brasil

Sempre buscando melhorar e melhorar, um lema a ser seguido!

https://s.waze.tools/c2.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... aze-Br.gif

Post by Magoblack2
theclem54 wrote:I agree with more points for useful edits and less points for less useful edits.

The question becomes, how does Waze determine a useful and less-useful edit? A simple turn restriction can be considered a huge edit in some places and minor in others. A new road can be considered a huge edit where it links two towns but minor if it's a pointless turning lane. They won't have humans looking at each edit.
But I have a possible solution! Just scoring based on the amount of Wazers passes the location (GPS traces). Imagine several Wazers turning a street in WME is prohibited, the editor that fix will be doing something useful for the route, given that the passage there is constant! This may not benefit many who live in places where there are not many users going with Waze. But for this, the system analyzes the amount of Wazers in the region and the criterion is reduced. Another idea I've seen people closing all the curves of a street and opening again, so it saves and earns edit point, in this case, just make an analysis of the changes of user and does not give much point for those who change the same things. Good, but here is the question that will help me suggest a change ... So which method you suggested to analyze the edits?

Thanks! ;)
Magoblack2
Send a message
Antes de começar a editar, que tal melhorar seus conhecimentos e assim garantir uma edição de qualidade? Acesse este tópico para ter acesso ao conteúdo fundamental sobre o Waze!

Wazeopedia - Brasil

https://s.waze.tools/c2.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... aze-Br.gif

Post by Magoblack2
fejesjoco wrote:I started editing about two weeks ago, I've made a few edits here and there, 50+ house numberings, all of these changes have gone live. But in the dashboards my map updates is still 0. Will I ever get points for these?
Hi guy, I've same problem here... probably this are caused by the change in point system, I'm looking for more explanation about this! If anyone can help us with this question!
Magoblack2
Send a message

Wazeopedia - Brasil

Post by meb001
Instead of take off the candies, you should put more candies in the client, we want to invite the people to use waze anytime, well, maybe a good idea could be putting a lot of "candies" in the map, like pacman, not only for the editor... for everybody...
meb001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Marcelo Escobar
Chilean Country Manager
Chilean Forum Moderator

Post by meb001
I agree with Robin, we maintain the same points for editors (but in a different way) and we motivate drivers to use the app and to go to new mapped placed. Excellent Robin
meb001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Marcelo Escobar
Chilean Country Manager
Chilean Forum Moderator

Post by meb001
Well, i have a lot of candies, maybe 200 or more. But it seems like they are gone and lost forever, that is the sad true...
meb001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Marcelo Escobar
Chilean Country Manager
Chilean Forum Moderator

Post by meb001
So am i
meb001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Marcelo Escobar
Chilean Country Manager
Chilean Forum Moderator

Post by meb001
Jajajajaja, you are so creative XD
meb001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Marcelo Escobar
Chilean Country Manager
Chilean Forum Moderator

Post by meb001
DavidAbarca wrote:I think they already gave us the points
Since they already made all the changes in the editing points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nop, i am still waiting for my lost candies, they are like 300..
meb001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Marcelo Escobar
Chilean Country Manager
Chilean Forum Moderator