Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by shirlig
Hi guys,

If this multi-time achievement bonus is so important - I wouldn't want to take it away.

Therefore, we will make the change in points per edit from 1.5 to 3. In addition, we will keep the multi-time editing achievement while changing its values to 1500 points for 3000 edits.

What do you say?

Thanks,
Shirli
shirlig
Send a message

Post by shirlig
The fact it was buggy was just one of the reasons to remove this achievement.
The main reason was that due to this achievement being very common, it seemed to make more sense to grant the points as part of the edit.
Moreover, as I mentioned, the "commonness" of this repeated achievement is not consistent with the way other achievements work and users who edit a lot - get a huge backlog of candies (which is sometimes followed by a buggy behavior).
We didn't think it would make such a difference if the points are credited per edit or with the bonus and therefore we decided to make the change.
Your reactions to my post made us realize that this achievement is actually very important for our community of editors and therefore we decided to change it instead of completely removing it.

Hope this is clearer now :)
shirlig
Send a message

Post by shirlig
Hi guys,

So, after reading all your comments I understand that you wish to see more gaming stuff for drivers in the client.
I will check with the Product team if we can add more achievements and road goodies for drivers.

Back to the original discussion: the suggested solution was to change number of points per edit from 1.5 to 3 and in addition to leave the multi-time achievement for each 3000 edits. If you think 1500 points is too much (+0.5 points per edit) - we can discuss the exact number.

I think it pretty much covers all the issues - editors are credited with 3 points per edit AND we keep the multi-time achievement.
shirlig
Send a message

Post by shirlig
UPDATE:
the first step in the process is complete:
All edits from now are credited with 3 points. The candy is withheld.
In the upcoming days we will reimburse editors who didn't take all the candies with all the missing points. After it's done we will re-enable the candy with the new parameters - 300 points per 3000 edits.
Regarding more gaming stuff for drivers - I informed the product team that there's a huge demand for this and they will check what can be done. (also updated in the original message of the thread)

Thanks!
Shirli
shirlig
Send a message

Post by sketch
shirlig wrote:UPDATE (November 25):
[...]
In the upcoming days we will reimburse editors who didn't take all the candies with all the missing points.[...]
8-) Yo, cool it. 8-) "Will reimburse" "in the upcoming days" does not mean "you have already been reimbursed". Give them time.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
I'm just saying that Shirli specifically said that you will be reimbursed for the candies you did not eat. I don't know why everyone is losing it over this. When Shirli says "okay, we did the process, it's done", and a few days after that you still don't have the points, then there's a problem.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Well, perhaps we read Shirli's post differently. As I understand it, (1) candies were buggy before, (2) candies are disabled now, (3) you will get however many candy points you deserve after we get them back.

In other words, I read it as saying "you will be reimbursed for all the candies you won't get while they're turned off and all the candies you didn't eat (or Waze didn't think you ate) when they were enabled." I believe this is the case. Waze knows how many map edits you have, so they know how many candy points you should have.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Right, but we should still be compensated for all the candies under the old system which we missed.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
davipt wrote: Now I'm completely lost and almost feel like dropping all my rank levels and start from scratch. For almost three years I was completely convinced that the editing points were independent of the bonus candies, in the sense of the system counting the edit points (1.5 per edit, 3 per street, whatever), and as soon as they'd reach the 750 points, the bonus would appear on the map. More importantly, I was convinced that when the bonus wasn't captured (e.g. not driving during the weekend), the points would still appear, all together, on monday morning when the weekly top was recalculated. This sentence goes against everything I read two years ago. I never felt lost points (except one rollback where I'm sure the whole data was lost).

Whatever for the points.

But missing the candies on the street makes waze a "simple navigation system". Please also remove every other distraction then - remove the other wazers, the map chat, the private message, the beep, the cats and dogs and whatever else avatar, all that crap. Who cares about a good but funny navigation system. </sarcasm>

Me and my kid want the the candy back. Even if it gives 0 points. Don't take the fun out of waze!
Shirli specifically said the candies were coming back, once the kinks are worked out.

Apparently the bonus points were only gained upon eating the candy, which I think might be part of the problem—what if you missed the candy? Maybe not. Either way, it can of course be calculated how many candies you should have gotten from how many edits you have, and therefore, by comparing the total you actually received with what you should have, the lost candy points can be made up for.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Snakebite625
I guess the points for editors will be more accurate, because sometimes candies just didn't appear on the map although they should have... But still I see this as taking the 'fun' out of the 'fun navigation app'...
Snakebite625
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM SI • Translator

iPhone 5 • iOs 7.0.4 • Waze 3.7.7.0
Cubot One • Android 4.2.1 • Waze 3.7.7.0
Like our page: https://www.facebook.com/WazeSlovenija :D