Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by calandraca
I agree with daknive. waze has to be fun. I live in a small town, I do not need the browser to move around it because there are not hardly jams, however I use it every day, to eat candies and to greet my friends. Really i have other motivations, my responsability over the map is correctly edited and do not appear new mistakes on it) . i think that is very important do funny and atractive the app for the users of small cities or driving always for the same roads with low traffic if we want they use it.

Candies for driving is a very good idea! :)

(Enviado desde el móvil con
Tapatalk )
calandraca
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by calandraca
bigboxgore wrote:I'm still waiting...
Jajajaja!!! Very good ;)
I AM waiting too .

Tapatalk )
calandraca
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by calandraca
bigboxgore wrote:calandraca, meb001 and me

Well... Maybe in the Three Kings' Day
I love your drawing !!!
You have painted me with pigtails! Thanks!!! ;)

Tapatalk )
calandraca
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by calandraca
@bigboxgored: I posted the picture on my G+, if it bothers you take it off.. You can see it in:

Tapatalk )
calandraca
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by CivicDuty29
How about just lowering the points levels needed to achieve the different Waze ranks?

That'll shorten the time length of the quest for points with arbitrary edits (found a well established area the other day where a recent state "high-scorer" edited almost EVERY SINGLE ROAD in the city... Why? Who knows... Not enough nodes on them I guess...) and get people to The Almighty Crown­™ quicker and out of the mindless edits game.

Or get rid of points, ranks and the scoreboard, period.
CivicDuty29
Send a message

Post by CivicDuty29
Riamus wrote:And ranks are necessary for helping to lock down areas and limit access to higher level editors on important roads as well as other things."
Editor levels are absolutely necessary for locking things down!

The waze ranks ("Levels", officially, i.e. Baby, GrownUp, Warrior, etc...) are strictly for amusement value. And those levels are part of the drive of the short-lived wayward editors - "Crown and Out" I'm starting to refer to them as - once they get to Royalty level (aka: The Almighty Crown™) through massive inappropriate POI/Landmark edits/additions, the editing stops as there's nothing else for them to publicly achieve.
CivicDuty29
Send a message

Post by clear-a-path
Hey Wazers!
This is my first post and I gotta say that I drive a lot. Having newly discovered Waze has made driving around a ton more fun!

I decided to start map editing because there are a lot of newer roads and incorrect junctions in my area and I'm tired of being told to make a U-turn where one is not allowed. It's not only appealing to fix these issues for my purpose and others as well, but it makes it worth it when you spend all the TIME it takes to help and correct these MAP ERRORS by being rewarded with points and CaNdIeS.
Lowering the amount of points I receive for spending all this time editing is UNFAIR especially when Waze tells you that we are the unofficial support staff for the most up to date gps map you can finD. AANNDD DON'T take away my Wazer's candy...that lil guy loves his candy!! Plus those candies and ability to earn you way to a shield, sword, or a Crown; it gives driving and navigating a fun twist.
Come on WAZE...if you really want to be hands down the top gps navigation in the world why not offer more incentives and perks and CANDIES to users for editing, problem solving, and contributing to this amazing Navigation tool?????????
We are a GREAT team and I'm not asking for any money. Just more Candies, points, bonuses, and APPRECIATION for the hard work/time I and other amazing map editors on WAZE put in to make the experience BETTER. Please DONT take away incentives!

YOU ARE STILL THE GREATEST WAZE, making a Traffic Jam exciting!

Thank you for reading to my POST! -memorgan1
clear-a-path
Send a message

Post by Daknife
Some great ideas here, far better than what Waze originally proposed and better even than their follow-up proposal. I think the candy dispersal rate currently is just fine. I've had an off month but normally manage at least a thousand edit points per day if not many more. So I've certainly built up stockpiles of candies from time to time. But who cares if they build up, if they don't get used via driving within a few weeks of being earned the just tack the points on.

What this really sounds like is that Waze, in it's growth and improvement is beginning to forget what built it's original user-base, who by playing the Waze game (and then editing to fix the problems they found while munching roads, candies and goodies) made the maps the best in the business. I'm with those who vote that rather than reducing, Waze needs to be restoring. Bring back the fun and social gaming aspects of the app. It's not just about avoiding the traffic jam and reporting every car pulled off to the side of the road. Bring back the fun, don't reduce it.

By resuming the use of goodies on less traveled roads Waze can improve data on those roads and perhaps start finding some new shortcuts. Such routes exist but are unknown to Waze because of a lack of user data, goodies can encourage enough use to change that. It was Real Life comic about munching goodies in Waze that turned me on to Waze.

p.s. My kids love it when I get a Candy, don't take it away or even reduce them. With frequent candies I know I'll have some left by the time I pick them up from their mothers house. With less frequent candies, most likely those candies will have appeared and been munched before I can get the kids.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
inbarbanon wrote:Hello to all ,

My name is Inbar and I am from Israel .

We moved our winery about half a year ago and when you write the name of the winery on waze it takes you to the old place .
How do i change its location ?

Thank you ,
Inbar .
You do it in Google Maps. Search for your business in google maps. It'll probably put the pin in the old location. If so click on the pin, in the info window that pops up click on more and select move pin. Drag the Pin to the new location and eventually it will get updated to the new location. You might also need to report an address change in google, but i'm not as familiar with that process.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
Gotta add my support for What Davitp said. Give us back the fun. Give us back the candies. My kids also loved seeing the candies. They liked the old trumpet flair candy announcement better as well.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint