Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by enhket
Yep. Not yet. When it happens you will see a lot of people getting crazy amount of points
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by enhket
my comment was related to how they will skyrocket the top weekly. There are a LOT of candies saved by the top 10, for example. But hey, i miss munching too ;)
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket

Post by enhket
as written by Shirli, candies are going to be reimbursed in 1-2 weeks, and after that the new candy will start showing up.
sketch wrote: Apparently the bonus points were only gained upon eating the candy, which I think might be part of the problem—what if you missed the candy? Maybe not. Either way, it can of course be calculated how many candies you should have gotten from how many edits you have, and therefore, by comparing the total you actually received with what you should have, the lost candy points can be made up for.
Yes, i got obsessed about the candies time ago: where would they spawn? is it always the same place? what if the road type is different? and other questions, including the one about gaining the points upon looting the candy. In order to test the last thing, i edited for 4 months without turning on the app, then i didnt edit or turn on the app the following month until i made sure i wasnt getting any points. After that i would just turn on the app and loot candies (without editing)... and that until Shirli canceled the candies. There is no way the candies was getting added to the total every monday, i would have over 4 millions points now. Just wait until waze starts reimbursing the candies, there are people who have saved candies through years (top 5?) and i wouldnt be surprised to see a few people adding 500k+ to their totals.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket

Post by enhket
your candies were reimbursed?
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket

Post by fejesjoco
I started editing about two weeks ago, I've made a few edits here and there, 50+ house numberings, all of these changes have gone live. But in the dashboards my map updates is still 0. Will I ever get points for these?
fejesjoco
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
shirlig wrote:So, after reading all your comments I understand that you wish to see more gaming stuff for drivers in the client.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
twist3r wrote:I also think that, only a part from my editing points were restored.
How can you tell for how many edits you are missing points? They are counted just on the Dashboard and an estimate from the editing sessions is usually very subjective.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
kentsmith9 wrote:By that math is looks like you net 3.1 points per edit after you collect the bonus.
...as we were actually getting always, in the past: by the math, 1.6 direct points per edit + 750/500 = 1.5 candy points per 500 edits. (I'm aware it disagrees with wiki (1.5+1.5), these are just my observations.)
In net, no change. The value 3.1 just gets official.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
That can be called A(n obsessive) test :ugeek:

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
In other words, separate scoreboards for drivers and editors. Let editors compete on editcount, drivers compete on distance driven and quantity/quality of their reports.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1