Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by meb001
davipt wrote:This is unfair. Only some countries are getting reimbursed. Where are my points???? ;) Oh right I shouldn't care about points anymore
do not worry, seems like not all of us has received the missing points, let's see what happens tomorrow
meb001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Marcelo Escobar
Chilean Country Manager
Chilean Forum Moderator

Post by milkyway35
Maybe a stupid comment ;)

but Why not getting points only with road candies ? and not directly by editing.

You edit, you collect candies. but you need to drive to get theses candies which are the only one that give you points.

(It was just a though)
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ

Waze Community Communications Guidelines
As ChiefWazer said :

Code: Select all

"We all work together for a common goal here, we all want Waze to succeed in helping peoples everyday life"

Post by milkyway35
Riamus wrote:
robindlc wrote:c) for roads nobody has driven there are the road munching... but maybe would be more efective to put also some candies...
Yes, we have munching for some of these, but what about roads that have been driven only a few times in years? They aren't going to show up for munching, but they do need more data. This is where it would be good to add candies for driving these less traveled roads. I guess that was done in the past, but I've never seen it, so I don't think it's still being done.
We are in a green era.

It's not Green to route ppl for more kilometers only for a candy.

Waze save Time, money, and CO2
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ

Waze Community Communications Guidelines
As ChiefWazer said :

Code: Select all

"We all work together for a common goal here, we all want Waze to succeed in helping peoples everyday life"

Post by Mynios
A great way to handle bugs! :lol:
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Mynios
Just for the records.... a friend of mine stoped to use Waze for well known routes like daily trip to work and he also stoped dertours for Waze. Why? Candies! Are the points the problem? No, only the candies!

Thanks David for pointing this out again!
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by nnote
I'm all for the requiring more edits to get a candy.
1. To get a candy you have to be more than a hit and run editor
2. 99% of my driving is highway. Candys don't appear at highway speeds or junctions, so I could easily be 15 candies behind what I should actually get. I'm not gonna do circles around the block burning gas to get those.
3. I'd rather be expecting 1-2 candies for a ton of edits than 15 candies for fewer edits, which I likely won't be able to pick up anyways because as I said my drive is mostly highway.
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
USA Territories Regional Coordinator : USA Champ : L6 State Manager Arizona

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png

Waze Arizona Twitter

Post by no1uknow
enhket wrote:Yep. Not yet. When it happens you will see a lot of people getting crazy amount of points
Can't wait to get all the bonus candies. It's been several weeks since I munched a 750!
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
no1uknow :twisted:
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by orbitc
IMHO, this doesn't change anything other than taking away some of the fun for some (but they received those points even without driving anyway).

I think, we should think of a way to reward drivers. Those who used to drive to get bonus points will receive different kind of bonuses as well. Perhaps win win?
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
Unfortunately, that may lure some to close them without actually solving the issues. This is one of those catch 22 cases.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
kodi75 wrote:Still, taking the time to reach out to the OP (if their message doesn't provide enough information to find the problem) should be worth more than doing a "wq" on random junctions, as some would do just to gain points.
I'm not disagreeing with the fact that those who work hard should get rewarded. Again, the question is how can we reward those who work hard, while not encouraging other to just close those UR's without anything done to them.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!