Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by argus-cronos
shirlig wrote:UPDATE (November 25):
the first step in the process is complete:
All edits from now are credited with 3 points. The candy is withheld.
In the upcoming days we will reimburse editors who didn't take all the candies with all the missing points. After it's done we will re-enable the candy with the new parameters - 300 points per 3000 edits.
Regarding more gaming stuff for drivers - I informed the product team that there's a huge demand for this and they will check what can be done.

Hi guys,

We wanted to inform you that we're going to make a change in map edit points.
Up until now, each map edit was credited with 1.5 points.
Moreover, for each 500 edits - users were credited with a 750 point achievement candy, i.e additional 1.5 points per edit.
So overall, each edit was worth 3 points.

The change planned is to directly credit each edit with 3 points and cancel the 750 candy.

Why?
1) It seems to make more sense
2) The multi-time achievement is not consistent with other achievements in the client (all achievements are one-time achievements)
3) This achievement specifically is very buggy and many times users don't get their points for the edits.

We might replace this multi-time achievement in the future with a different one-time achievement for editors.

Thanks!
Shirli
Shirli maybe it would be a good idea to update these informations under point 3. in nanoRep.

Regards
Argus
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
Didn't they change the edit bonus already:
Shirli wrote:UPDATE (November 25):
the first step in the process is complete:
All edits from now are credited with 3 points. The candy is withheld.
In the upcoming days we will reimburse editors who didn't take all the candies with all the missing points. After it's done we will re-enable the candy with the new parameters - 300 points per 3000 edits. Regarding more gaming stuff for drivers - I informed the product team that there's a huge demand for this and they will check what can be done
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by ArtVictorP
nnote wrote:I'm all for the requiring more edits to get a candy.
1. To get a candy you have to be more than a hit and run editor
2. 99% of my driving is highway. Candys don't appear at highway speeds or junctions, so I could easily be 15 candies behind what I should actually get. I'm not gonna do circles around the block burning gas to get those.
3. I'd rather be expecting 1-2 candies for a ton of edits than 15 candies for fewer edits, which I likely won't be able to pick up anyways because as I said my drive is mostly highway.
That's true. I think one of the biggest problems for the hardcore-map-editors was the candy system. I know a few of them that had to even stop editing just to keep picking up candies for a week or two. In a way, the new system would be far more "just", but it could also be seen as "not-as-fun-as-before". After all, I think everyone loved eating a candy on their daily commute.
ArtVictorP
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ArtVictorP
meb001 wrote:Well, i have a lot of candies, maybe 200 or more. But it seems like they are gone and lost forever, that is the sad true...
Wow, that's upsetting.. :S

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
ArtVictorP
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ArtVictorP
sketch wrote:Well, perhaps we read Shirli's post differently. As I understand it, (1) candies were buggy before, (2) candies are disabled now, (3) you will get however many candy points you deserve after we get them back.

In other words, I read it as saying "you will be reimbursed for all the candies you won't get while they're turned off and all the candies you didn't eat (or Waze didn't think you ate) when they were enabled." I believe this is the case. Waze knows how many map edits you have, so they know how many candy points you should have.
And in addition, I understood that the candies are NOT coming back, at least not as before. That now we'll get 1 candy for 3000 edits and it's worth would be a "symbolic sum" of points (and I don't remember the exact number) .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
ArtVictorP
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ArtVictorP
houstonmg wrote:
sketch wrote:Right, but we should still be compensated for all the candies under the old system which we missed.
I have around 350 candies to take. I hope that amount gets added.
BR
MG
I'm pretty confident that it will. :)
ArtVictorP
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by asterix06
As Alan said, at the end of the story, nothing changes in term of achieved points !

But Waze, if you want to get rid of it (for whatever reason) restore the initial situation when we were editing without added bonus(but not doubling the points).....so we will see the real editors and may be...as it was in Cartouche....try to give us back the list of pending requests....much more useful for the editor than a bunch of candies
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by asterix06
...or simply remove bonus candies !!

In fact doubling automatically the points, push people not to drive with Waze checking possible editing problem but just use waze stay behind a table .
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by asterix06
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
shirlig wrote:Therefore, we will make the change in points per edit from 1.5 to 3. In addition, we will keep the multi-time editing achievement while changing its values to 1500 points for 3000 edits.
Now I'm confused. I thought the driving recurring candy was being removed because it was buggy? How can we just change the timing/value when the first statement that the awarding of the bonus candy was buggy? Won't the awarding of the 1500pt candy be just as buggy and prone to not be given to users? If you can just fix the awarding bug, just fix the current candy award so it works all the time.
@Shirli
Alan is Right !
the reason to remove was a bug on the system.... and now suddendly , just changing the value of candy the bug if off ???!!!

Did You realize what are we saying ? something sound a little bit strange !!!!

Question :
what was the real reason Waze wanted to remove the bonus candies ?

If if was really a bug on the system...it will continue to be a bug on the system (even changing values) !!
If , in a more realistic way, the reason was another one....but we are not allow to know....that's another story.....
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Forum Administrator

Post by asterix06
iainhouse wrote:So it looks like we're going from getting 3 points per edit (1.5 through WME and 1.5 through candies) to getting 3.5 points per edit (3 through WME and 0.5 through candies). Please don't do this.

If you want to play with the balance of points between WME and candies, I have no problem with it. If you want to award the candies less often by giving them a higher value, I'm fine with that too (although the kids won't see them so often :lol: ).

What I'm not OK with, is giving more points to editors - or less for that matter. Recent discussions here showed messing with the points to be a contentious issue and the poll had a majority for leaving things as they are.

I think it's fair to say that there was a strong opinion wanting to see something added for drivers. I realise most of us here fall into the "editors" more than the "drivers" camp, but it's unfair to be giving editors more points whilst we still do nothing for the drivers who contribute to Waze.
@Shirli
this concept is correct.
Drivers should be very basic for Waze I believe...but it looks Waze is more interested in "pure editors" than in drivers checking the job done and providing traffic info data.

Anyway ...you decide.
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Forum Administrator