Change in editing points

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Change in editing points

Postby ArtVictorP » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:51 pm

meb001 wrote:Well, i have a lot of candies, maybe 200 or more. But it seems like they are gone and lost forever, that is the sad true...

Wow, that's upsetting.. :S

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
ArtVictorP
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby meb001 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:06 am

Well, i have a lot of candies, maybe 200 or more. But it seems like they are gone and lost forever, that is the sad true...
meb001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby enhket » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Not true. I saved over 300 candies when I was on vacation and after that, until shirli cancelled them, I was still looting them. They didnt expire and didnt get added to your total by the end of the week. We had a post about this with jason in the champs forum and I guess it is still there. Also, you lose points. Marcelo had lost tje equivalent to 100 candies in points when he looted candies and the system didnt add them to the total. I think Adrian recognized that issue too.
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby ArtVictorP » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:13 pm

nnote wrote:I'm all for the requiring more edits to get a candy.
1. To get a candy you have to be more than a hit and run editor
2. 99% of my driving is highway. Candys don't appear at highway speeds or junctions, so I could easily be 15 candies behind what I should actually get. I'm not gonna do circles around the block burning gas to get those.
3. I'd rather be expecting 1-2 candies for a ton of edits than 15 candies for fewer edits, which I likely won't be able to pick up anyways because as I said my drive is mostly highway.

That's true. I think one of the biggest problems for the hardcore-map-editors was the candy system. I know a few of them that had to even stop editing just to keep picking up candies for a week or two. In a way, the new system would be far more "just", but it could also be seen as "not-as-fun-as-before". After all, I think everyone loved eating a candy on their daily commute.
ArtVictorP
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby nnote » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:26 am

I'm all for the requiring more edits to get a candy.
1. To get a candy you have to be more than a hit and run editor
2. 99% of my driving is highway. Candys don't appear at highway speeds or junctions, so I could easily be 15 candies behind what I should actually get. I'm not gonna do circles around the block burning gas to get those.
3. I'd rather be expecting 1-2 candies for a ton of edits than 15 candies for fewer edits, which I likely won't be able to pick up anyways because as I said my drive is mostly highway.
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby deadbirddog » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:47 am

I'm not doing any future editing until the points update. I did roughly 2500 edits yesterday before I realized there was another issue. The last time this happened I never did get the bonus candies for more than 3000+ edits.
deadbirddog
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby clear-a-path » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:11 am

Hey Wazers!
This is my first post and I gotta say that I drive a lot. Having newly discovered Waze has made driving around a ton more fun!

I decided to start map editing because there are a lot of newer roads and incorrect junctions in my area and I'm tired of being told to make a U-turn where one is not allowed. It's not only appealing to fix these issues for my purpose and others as well, but it makes it worth it when you spend all the TIME it takes to help and correct these MAP ERRORS by being rewarded with points and CaNdIeS.
Lowering the amount of points I receive for spending all this time editing is UNFAIR especially when Waze tells you that we are the unofficial support staff for the most up to date gps map you can finD. AANNDD DON'T take away my Wazer's candy...that lil guy loves his candy!! Plus those candies and ability to earn you way to a shield, sword, or a Crown; it gives driving and navigating a fun twist.
Come on WAZE...if you really want to be hands down the top gps navigation in the world why not offer more incentives and perks and CANDIES to users for editing, problem solving, and contributing to this amazing Navigation tool?????????
We are a GREAT team and I'm not asking for any money. Just more Candies, points, bonuses, and APPRECIATION for the hard work/time I and other amazing map editors on WAZE put in to make the experience BETTER. Please DONT take away incentives!

YOU ARE STILL THE GREATEST WAZE, making a Traffic Jam exciting!

Thank you for reading to my POST! -memorgan1
clear-a-path

Postby twist3r » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:54 am

I can't tell how many, just that they aren't all. I've edited daily and the restored points covers from my point of view only 3-4 days. As you said this is very subjective, but now the difference is quite big.
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby foxitrot » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:22 am

twist3r wrote:I also think that, only a part from my editing points were restored.

How can you tell for how many edits you are missing points? They are counted just on the Dashboard and an estimate from the editing sessions is usually very subjective.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby twist3r » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:56 am

I also think that, only a part from my editing points were restored.
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor