The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Error: Internal Server Error when saving road geometry

Post by Psikic
I am trying to update the end point for a road in my area. When I make the change and then click "Save Changes" I get "Internal Server Error". Is this a global or specific problem to this road? How can I get more details about the error in order to help someone find the cause?
Psikic

POSTER_ID:877733

Send a message
Attachments

Post by imsaguy
When I get the Internal Server Error more than 1 or two times when trying to complete something and I've already double-checked that what I'm trying to do is legitimate, I will click the permalink link at the bottom which refreshes my window. Then I reattempt what I was doing and it magically works.
imsaguy
Send a message

Post by Psikic
Sorry, I thought I replied yesterday but it actually never got posted. I disconnected the ramp from its current junction and then changed the road geometry to meet the lower junction. This worked and the ramp now terminates at the same place as the other ramp.
Psikic
Send a message

Post by Psikic
I think we're good now, the connectivity now shows the turns off of that ramp.
Psikic
Send a message
Attachments

Post by unwallflower
This error happens to me sometimes - usually randomly.

However, in this case it looks like you're trying to take that upper ramp and make it connect to the same junction the lower ramp connects to. In that case, you can't just change the geometry to do that. You must disconnect the upper ramp from its junction, and then connect it to the lower ramp's junction.

Not sure if that's what is causing your error, but it may be.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Psikic wrote:Sorry, I thought I replied yesterday but it actually never got posted. I disconnected the ramp from its current junction and then changed the road geometry to meet the lower junction. This worked and the ramp now terminates at the same place as the other ramp.
Did you reconnect the ramp to that second junction, though? Changing the geometry won't be enough, it won't route you through there if the ramp is not connected to the junction.

Glad we were able to help.
unwallflower
Send a message

unwallflower
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
I think unwallflower is right. When you try to move the ramp down to that other node, the short road segment between where the road is and where you want it to be is moved also and would have to be incredibly small or non-existent. The server is probably choking on trying to make that segment small enough to do what you want.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator