The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Are Parking Lot Roads so important?

Post by andyqp
In cartouche, Parking lot roads start to appear at zoom level 3, while "normal" streets do appear only at zoom level 4. Why is it so? Are Parking lot roads somehow more important than the ordinary streets?
andyqp

POSTER_ID:722151

Send a message
Rīga, LV
waze for Android

Post by andyqp
Still the same... I'm on world server, if that counts (just added to my signature :) ).

Permalink:
http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=3 ... FFFFFFTTTT
shows parking lot roads at the center of the map, but not streets that are directly nearby.
andyqp
Send a message
Rīga, LV
waze for Android

Post by dmcconachie
I'm on the world server and it happens for me in my areas too! Silly!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by support
Hi,
Unwallflower wrote:

I do see that happening in that permalink you provided.

This must be a difference between the world side and the www side, because I'm not experiencing the same (I'm in the US).

Maybe this is something that they can change. I agree, it's illogical to have parking lot roads appear before streets. They should logically be LESS important than regular streets.
Thank you all for bringing this to our attention.
We will forward it to development team and hopefully to fix it soon.

Regards,

Ron D.
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Hmm, I don't see the same behavior. Both streets and parking lot roads appear at zoom level 4 for me.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
I do see that happening in that permalink you provided.

This must be a difference between the world side and the www side, because I'm not experiencing the same (I'm in the US).

Maybe this is something that they can change. I agree, it's illogical to have parking lot roads appear before streets. They should logically be LESS important than regular streets.
unwallflower
Send a message