The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Need help updating the map

Post by shaibs
Hey, i'm kinda new at this.
I drove around a while and even recorded 2 new road.
Now I logged in to world.waze.com to update map - but i cannot see any of my updates.
in www.waze.com - the update map allows me to search address, and postal code (try canada L4C0C6) but while in world.waze.com - i cannot find it, nor the city name (richmond hill, ontario Canada).

Also there are almost no roads in world.waze.com.

The other problem I am trying to fix is that almost every traffic light is marked here is 2 seperate roads (one for each side of the road) which is not correct and causes WAZE to tell me to keep right, or turn right even if I am going straight through. In www.waze.com you can see that clearly: search my postal code, look in buthurst - just south of my location, you will see the road is divided at every junction.

I tried to fix it in www, but it said no permissions. in world - it does not show that area at all.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.
shaibs

POSTER_ID:1042218

Send a message

Post by shaibs
Hi,
thank you for your reply. make sense... www for US/Canada :)

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... FTFFFFTTTT

in this link you will see all 4 corners of the junction have been splitted. the road is not a major highway and it is not wide or divided at all in any way.

In fact, the west road (lady nadia) is very narrow, private road.
Regent - is splitted the show way for some reason. it may be splitted only at the begining but this is really redundant to show.
Buthurst - every junction is splitted. The road does not split at all.

All these causes the navigation to alert the driver to turn or keep right even if turning left, or driving through.

Makes it very hard to use the navigation.

Thanks.
shaibs
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
You should be using www.waze.com and not world.waze.com. www is correct for the US and Canada... world for everywhere else.

As far as the other problem... sometimes it's actually more correct to have split roads (in instances of wide roads with large medians, etc). Can you provide a permalink to an exact example for me to look at? Center the intersection in question on the map and click the "Super PermaLink" button in the bottom right hand corner of the map. Then copy the URL and paste it here so we can see it.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Oh my yes, that is very messy and ugly and I have no idea why it would look like that.

As for why you are receiving the no permissions error when you try to correct it: could be a few reasons. You will only have permissions to edit roads that you have driven on (or near - there is a certain radius in which you can edit, but I'm not sure exactly what it is). If you haven't driven on these roads, that's why you are receiving the error.

If you have driven on these roads and are still receiving the no permissions error, that is probably because that particular route hasn't been processed yet. It takes a bit, and the servers are behind right now so it's taking even longer.

If you want to get around the no permissions error, you can apply to become an area manager. This will give you all permissions in the area that you manage.
unwallflower
Send a message