The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Satellite imagery for Alaska

Post by teknofire
I've noticed that there doesn't appear to be any imagery for most of the state, the group I work for at the University does a lot of work to provide and uplift satellite imagery to the public. We have wms and tile feeds for our imagery and I was wondering if you would be interested using it in your application? If so I can try and talk with a couple of people here and get something setup.
teknofire

POSTER_ID:30542

Send a message

Post by KW33D
I would send an email to:
alpha@waze.com
explaining your offer. Of course for them to consider it everything has to be offered without any restrictions. Worth a try at least!
KW33D
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by treeboy
teknofire wrote:I've noticed that there doesn't appear to be any imagery for most of the state, the group I work for at the University does a lot of work to provide and uplift satellite imagery to the public. We have wms and tile feeds for our imagery and I was wondering if you would be interested using it in your application? If so I can try and talk with a couple of people here and get something setup.
I would send an email to:
alpha@waze.com
explaining your offer. Of course for them to consider it everything has to be offered without any restrictions. Worth a try at least!
teknofire; I sent off an email to the suggested address to include some WMS's for my area and Waze support is working on it and they seemed open to receiving such input.
Do you have your WMS URL so I can put it into my GIS? It would be appreciated. I'll try searching now for it...guess I should do that first. I'll update if I find it. Also if you know of any other WMS's...
treeboy
Send a message
Area Manager: Fort Bragg and Ukiah, California
Carrier: USCC Motorola Electrify
Android whatever come before ICS
Waze 3.0.0.0