The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Road generation black list

Post by IvarKa
Hello

In my area I got a few users that must have crappy gps. Their routes are zigzaging the orginal roads and every week a whole lot of junk roads are generated. Isn't it possible to black list such users so their driving do not automatically generate new roads? (By "blacklist" I mean that everything works normally except for that the gps track do not generate new roads)

Ivar
IvarKa

POSTER_ID:130349

Send a message
Area Manager Trondheim, Norway

Post by unwallflower
Apollux wrote:Responding the update request worked better than expected. He contacted me, we apologized to each other and last night spent 4 hours working together on a residential area and showing him some neat Cartouche tricks. He ended showing me some neat detours and shortcuts I wouldn't even dream off! :D
:lol: It's like a Waze fairytale...

Glad you guys were able to resolve everything!
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
No, this isn't possible (at least from our end).

I don't think they need to be "blacklisted"... sounds to me like they just need to turn off the road recording!
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by khaytsus
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I always put my updates to update requests with the date and my username/email address so that any other local AMs also know that the issue is already being addressed. Without that, there is no way for other AMs to know who has updated the request.
Typical Update Text wrote:12/1/2010(alanoftheberg): Hello and thank you for the map update request.

<blah blah>

Please contact me via the link for this update or at the email address below.

-<sig w/email>
I also do this too, often with "If this continues to be a problem, please email me at" or "there isn't enough information for me to fix this problem, please email me at" but never any responses.. Ah well. I fix what's obvious, but I sometimes get "general error" in the middle of a long stretch of road... Connectivity is right etc.. What can you do. :roll:
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by imsaguy
Apollux, you need to go and edit the roads to the correct information and then LOCK them. This prevents some levels of editing. It will also help with the zigzag road editing of the other user.
imsaguy
Send a message

Post by harling
Excellent!
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
Apollux wrote:Found a pending update request submitted by my rogue user... Wrote him a polite message with some contact info and an invitation for us to coordinate the map editing. According to the area manager manual, the message should arrive to him as an e-mail from the Waze support team. :ugeek:
I have responded to some of my own update requests, and can confirm the user does in fact get an eMail from the support team with the AM's message included.

You are taking the right approach with this user, and I hope your dialog works out. An AM's best friend is someone who knows how to use Cartouche well--as long as he uses his powers for good rather than for evil... :shock:
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.