The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

viciouspenguin - please,edit roads wich you have recorded!!!

Post by m_linc
this user have recorded lot of roads in Croatia and i please him that he edit roads,i am not area manager of that area...so please edit!!!!is somebody know that user,please contact him!!!!
m_linc

POSTER_ID:51034

Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
I agree, myself included, I made quite a mess for my first few days then thankfully stumbled upon the tips and videos in my signature before I did anything irreparable!

Wish there was an easy way for new editors and AMs to see these!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by harling
m_linc wrote:he have recorded lot of roads....i would like to edit them...but i cant...becouse i am not area manager of that place...
Well, you already know the solution to that! ;)
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
LOL, become an area manager! Then you can straighten up the map to your heart's content.
harling
Send a message

Post by harling
m_linc wrote:i am already area manager of area where i live...i dont want that i edit roads for somebody who dont want to edit what they have recorded... i try to send messages to people in my area...but they dont replay...maybe they dont visit forum...and some of them doing mess...
Ah, now I think I understand the problem. Ultimately, you can only be responsible for your own area. If another Area Manager is assigned to where the roads are being messed up, you could PM him; if there is no reply, your only choices are to become an AM there too, or leave it alone. You might inform Waze of the problem and see if they can lock people out of the area until it has an Area Manager who will keep an eye on it, or maybe find someone willing to become an AM for the area.

If it's any consolation, I have run into plenty of places in my own area where (probably well-intentioned) people have mangled a road or intersection, found that there was no simple way to undo what they had done, and gave up rather than do more damage. Cartouche is a good tool, but it has enough quirks that anyone who approaches it like a video game, without reading the online documentation first, is going to make a mess sooner or later.
harling
Send a message

Post by harling
dmcconachie wrote:I made quite a mess for my first few days then thankfully stumbled upon the tips and videos in my signature before I did anything irreparable! Wish there was an easy way for new editors and AMs to see these!
I'm doing my part: added some of them to my signature too. :-)
harling
Send a message

Post by m_linc
he have recorded lot of roads....i would like to edit them...but i cant...becouse i am not area manager of that place...so...there is lot of work...
m_linc
Send a message

Post by m_linc
no...i dont know..what is solution?
m_linc
Send a message

Post by m_linc
"lol"......i am already area manager of area where i live...i dont want that i edit roads for somebody who dont want to edit what they have recorded....i do that just in my area..and also i cant be shure wich places he has traveled...i think waze should give an option that we can directly send an message to people on phone when you start using waze...and he will see a message...but to send it from map editor...becouse i try to send messages to people in my area...but they dont replay...maybe they dont visit forum...and some of them doing mess...and i need to fix that..ok on some place where is something for fix...but when i must delete again recorded roads..where was before recorded..and edited...some people record again...and doing mess...i dont want that...
m_linc
Send a message

Post by m_linc
on that place nobody is area manager...and i dont want to be of that place area manager becouse i dont know that place...really..i was never there..so i can be shure how to edit..wich road names...etc etc...but he also traveled lot of roads in my country...and some wich i know i have edited..but others i cant...becouse i dont know...so i would be happy that we have posibility to contact people directly from map editor..to send a message wich he will see and read when he start uzing waze app...
m_linc
Send a message