The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

"No permission" error when connecting nodes

Post by wimg
See
http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6 ... FFFFFFTTTT

Try connecting one of the reds (A12) to their extensions. Error : "no permission"

Any ideas ?
wimg

POSTER_ID:118642

Send a message

Post by Atlas85
Yes. You don't have permission to do so. So you are not ranked high enough/ have not driven enough to make such big changes. Why is the A12 there a Major Highway btw. and not a Freeway?
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by Atlas85
I don't know for sure, but I do know that I can edit almost anything in my country, also in places where I have not been. And I do have a high ranking (12th overall in my country), so this could support this assumption.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
stevenhaywood wrote:You can edit stuff done by someone of lower rank than you, is my understanding.
Ranking has not been put in place yet, I wish Waze HQ would fix the FAQ. This was their original intent, but currently permissions are based on area of use (based on route analysis) or area managed if you ask Waze HQ to become an area manager.

There are plenty of scenarios right now that cause permissions issues

Sometimes it just takes time (waiting for that one route to be analyzed that gets you permission)
Sometimes you might have to remove some elements and recreate them to get around behind the scene issues
Sometimes you just have to get Waze HQ involved, as there is something wrong that we can't fix.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by stevenhaywood
You can edit stuff done by someone of lower rank than you, is my understanding.
stevenhaywood
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Atlas85 wrote:Yes. You don't have permission to do so. So you are not ranked high enough/ have not driven enough to make such big changes. Why is the A12 there a Major Highway btw. and not a Freeway?
Wouldn't it be that they haven't driven in that area? I don't think that editing permissions have anything to do with rank. I know they want to implement that feature eventually, but I don't think they have.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Wubinator wrote:I have the same problem on a road where my work is, it doesn't exist yet (also doesn't know the streetname) so I tried adding it. But as soon as I try to save it I have no permission. I'll try again later (because I've just started using Waze)
Ah, if you've just started then that's likely why. You have to drive there (relatively close, at least), and then wait for the routes to process. If that particular route doesn't show up in your dashboard yet (in the bottom left hand corner of the "My Dashboard" area, where it says "Your Recent Routes") you won't be able to edit/create in that area yet.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by Wubinator
I have the same problem on a road where my work is, it doesn't exist yet (also doesn't know the streetname) so I tried adding it. But as soon as I try to save it I have no permission. I'll try again later (because I've just started using Waze)
Wubinator
Send a message
Waar ben jij gewazed?

Area Manager
- Regio Amsterdam West
- Regio Reeuwijk/Gouda
- Wegen N207 - N11

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android 4.0.3 - Waze 3.2.1.0 [Beta tester]