Official feedback thread - v1.4

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Official feedback thread - v1.4

Postby ohad-ron » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:31 pm

Hey,

Releasing a new version of the editor. This version contains many small fixes, in addition to some infrastructural improvements needed for upcoming features.

  • Better handling of environment URL parameters
  • The editor will show a map alert when viewing an area which is not active in the current environment
  • Scheduled restrictions editing: show count in tab header
  • Users with no permissions can still view what restrictions exist on a segment
  • Restriction editing: show a tooltip when restriction is in the past
  • Restriction editing: animate new restriction adding
  • Added a 'forgot password' link to login form
  • Improved background color of conversation threads
  • Show a message when selection is direction inconsistent
  • Disable restriction editing when selection direction is inconsistent
  • Bug fix - Limit restriction description field to 100 characters

Let us know if you see any issues!

Have a great week, and happy editing! :D :D :D
Ohad R.

Image
Waze Product Team
ohad-ron
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:45 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1670 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.4

Postby paulkok_my » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:42 pm

I hope the email notification for me is working when there is a UR message reply or postings from other editors.

I will test it out to confirm tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Send me a Telegram!
Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:34 am
Location: Selangor, Malaysia
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.4

Postby Machete808 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:39 pm

There was a bug limiting scheduled restrictions to 50-day durations. Has that been fixed? I know it's been said a fix was in the works but if there was an update, I missed it. Thanks.
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Area manager, Los Angeles
Country manager, Thailand
Image Image
Need support?
support.google.com/waze > Popular topics > FAQs > Other > Open a ticket
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!
Machete808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Official feedback thread - v1.4

Postby sketch » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:58 pm

vickimachado wrote:There was a bug limiting scheduled restrictions to 50-day durations. Has that been fixed? I know it's been said a fix was in the works but if there was an update, I missed it. Thanks.

Yup, there was a fix. There's a thread for it somewhere.

Still apparently an issue with restrictions spanning midnight Saturday night-Sunday morning.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 5743
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:13 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has thanked: 1306 times
Been thanked: 1764 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.4

Postby Machete808 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:45 pm

How embarrassing. There's the thread just a couple of notches down from this one!

https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=69281
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Area manager, Los Angeles
Country manager, Thailand
Image Image
Need support?
support.google.com/waze > Popular topics > FAQs > Other > Open a ticket
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!
Machete808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.4

Postby foxitrot » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:59 pm

ohad-ron wrote:
  • Improved background color of conversation threads

Is there any chance to get the conversation input editing rectangle a bit larger? Or even resizable?
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (OP-X March-me-Low).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 6952
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Slovakia
Has thanked: 2188 times
Been thanked: 1010 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.3 - Schedules & Conversati

Postby foxitrot » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:16 pm

A week ago I've posted this UR: https://www.waze.com/sk/editor/?zoom=9& ... 25&endshow
We've started a communication inside and in a related forum thread. Suddenly the UR communication list is missing a few initial messages. Has someone else experienced this as well?
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (OP-X March-me-Low).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 6952
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Slovakia
Has thanked: 2188 times
Been thanked: 1010 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.4

Postby paulkok_my » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:07 am

paulkok_my wrote:I hope the email notification for me is working when there is a UR message reply or postings from other editors.

I will test it out to confirm tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Today 25th Nov 2013 this morning there was 2 replies to my UR reported on 20th Nov 2013, one before 9am and the other after 9am (approximately 09:04am local time).

The reply before 09:00 am, I get a pop up notification from the client while I was driving at around 09:01am.

The reply at approximately 09:04am, I get a pop up notification from the client almost immediately at 09:05am.

Both the replies I did not receive any emails from no-reply@waze.com.

I don't think it's a problem with my email provider as I can receive email from no-reply@waze.com from Centercode

Would appreciate if someone could look into this as this is getting to be difficult as I depend on the emails to locate the position of the UR through the URL link.

Edit:
At the time of this posting, today 25th Nov 2013, I posted another UR around here until now the UR still did not show up yet.
Last edited by paulkok_my on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Send me a Telegram!
Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:34 am
Location: Selangor, Malaysia
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.4

Postby edsonajj » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:11 am

paulkok_my wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:I hope the email notification for me is working when there is a UR message reply or postings from other editors.

I will test it out to confirm tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Today 25th Nov 2013 this morning there was 2 replies to my UR reported on 20th Nov 2013, one before 9am and the other after 9am (approximately 09:04am local time).

The reply before 09:00 am, I get a pop up notification from the client while I was driving at around 09:01am.

The reply at approximately 09:04am, I get a pop up notification from the client almost immediately at 09:05am.

Both the replies I did not receive any emails from no-reply@waze.com.

I don't think it's a problem with my email provider as I can receive email from no-reply@waze.com from Centercode

Would appreciate if someone could look into this as this is getting to be difficult as I depend on the emails to locate the position of the UR through the URL link.

Maybe you could start the investigation yourself, by checking in the full e-mail header what differences there are between mails about centercode and the WME? That's the only place I would know to look in.
Image Edson Jiménez

Image
edsonajj
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:32 pm
Location: México
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 975 times

Re: Official feedback thread - v1.4

Postby paulkok_my » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:40 am

edsonajj wrote:Maybe you could start the investigation yourself, by checking in the full e-mail header what differences there are between mails about centercode and the WME? That's the only place I would know to look in.
Thanks for the suggestion but what should I be comparing on? I have latest emails from centercode but the last email from wme was on 11th Nov 2013 which when I checked on the full email header, it was blank.

However when I checked the email dated 23rd October 2013, the full header email has info in it.

As there are lots of info in it, which info should be important that needs looking into.
ImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Send me a Telegram!
Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:34 am
Location: Selangor, Malaysia
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users