The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Removing false junctions

Post by andrewski
I'm trying to remove the junctions in this area, but am getting the error: "Each pair of roads must belong to the same street and city."

The city seems the same, and these are ramps, thus no name, but I still can't delete the junctions. Any tips?

Thanks!
andrewski

POSTER_ID:15867

Send a message

Post by andrewski
Thanks. Bridging the segments worked for the northern junction (now removed) but didn't work on the southern one; bridging fails, and the levels are the same.

Any ideas for what I can do there?
andrewski
Send a message

Post by andrewski
RallyChris wrote:I would disconnect all the segments from the node (click segment, ctrl-click node, disconnect in edit menu). Once all four are disconnected you should be able to remove the node. Then connect the appropriate pairs back together, and fix the levels.
Doh! Of course. Whatever the reason, that should work… and it did. Thanks! :)
andrewski
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
It might be just the fact that none of the roads have names, so it has an issue trying to figure out which ones to connect to each other.

I would disconnect all the segments from the node (click segment, ctrl-click node, disconnect in edit menu). Once all four are disconnected you should be able to remove the node. Then connect the appropriate pairs back together, and fix the levels.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by unwallflower
Well, it's not just one road with a junction on it... it's two roads crossing with a junction in the middle.

You'll have to utilize the levels in order to raise the overpass road above the underpass road before you can delete it (because, to Waze, if it thinks that two roads that cross each other are on the same level... there HAS to be a junction there).

Try doing the junctions one at a time. First, highlight the two sections of the overpass ramp that are above the lower ramp (do this by clicking one segment, holding the ctrl key, and then clicking the second segment). Then in the edit menu, select "bridge". Now you *should* be able to delete the junction.

Repeat for the lower junction.

Let me know if that works. If it doesn't I have other methods.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
I wrote out a long reply but it's basically what RallyChris said... sooo do what he said! :lol:
unwallflower
Send a message