The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Why doesnt it understand?

Post by Viking63ef
Everytime when I go home Waze is sending me to a R/A to make a u-turn and then back to the junction to make a right turn instead of making a left turn directly. I have "Enabled all turns" but it doesnt seem to help. I will update this thread with a permalink later on as I only have IE available now.
Any ideas?
Viking63ef

POSTER_ID:891164

Send a message
Eric
Area Manager Abu Dhabi, UAE

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I have had a couple intersections that no amount of edits in Cartouche would work for a intersection. Even though all turns were allowed, it would never route a particular direction. I had to delete all the touching road segments and re-create the roads and nodes from scratch.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
DarkAudit wrote:Once I was told to use "highlight connectivity", my routes gradually started getting better. Turns out there were a few roads that weren't really connected. By connecting in order, I was able to reenable the turns I needed to make.
And in my case, connectivity showed 100% correct, but routing was still not able to make a turn than highlight connectivity showed was allowed. Sometimes, a node/segment has some underlying problem we can't see and the only way to fix it is to delete it and try again. :roll:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
harling wrote:When I run into this, more often than not (literally) it is because there is a second segment directly under the first, connected to the same two junctions.
I have yet to see this happen. I've only had to rebuild 4 portions of road that I could otherwise not figure out, so my experience with this is somewhat limited.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by DarkAudit
Once I was told to use "highlight connectivity", my routes gradually started getting better. Turns out there were a few roads that weren't really connected. By connecting in order, I was able to reenable the turns I needed to make.
DarkAudit
Send a message
Area Manager - Morgantown, WV

Post by harling
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Sometimes, a node/segment has some underlying problem we can't see and the only way to fix it is to delete it and try again. :roll:
When I run into this, more often than not (literally) it is because there is a second segment directly under the first, connected to the same two junctions. When I finally give up and delete "it", the one that was underneath it is revealed, and Cartouche starts making sense again.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by Viking63ef
Yeah I did that yesterday and when I was trying to add it again the stupid thing told me that I couldnt reach the server (again!!!) so I just gave up.
So the result is that there is no road at all soon and I wont find my way home :-)
Viking63ef
Send a message
Eric
Area Manager Abu Dhabi, UAE