The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Can't respond to question on reported Map Issue

Post by AManAndAMouse
Hi all. First time on forum.

I reported a map issue and received a question via email. It says I can respond via mobile app or browser. The mobile app does not have this email in my Inbox and the browser based app does not seem to recognize the link I click to respond.

What is the best way to respond to this email?

thanks
michael
AManAndAMouse
AManAndAMouse

POSTER_ID:16847846

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AManAndAMouse wrote:Yes, thanks. It points to the area that I am in currently - not the area where the map issue was reported. Also I don't see any place in the browser version that might be similar to the mobile Inbox - ie: where I could find this email was sent to my account.
The map issue is sent from the location you report from, not from where you are looking on the map. The GPS location when you tap the Map Issue button is where the report is centered. The URL in the email has the lat/lon of that location.

There is no online inbox, it is only in the app. You should receive an email and a message in the app, though there's no guarantee they show up at the same time. Also, before going into your inbox, give Waze about 30s to sync with the servers before opening the inbox. The Inbox functionality is licensed from some other company and the functionality is a bit limited, so it won't dynamically refresh without exiting the menu, then re-opening.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AManAndAMouse
Yes, thanks. It points to the area that I am in currently - not the area where the map issue was reported. Also I don't see any place in the browser version that might be similar to the mobile Inbox - ie: where I could find this email was sent to my account.
AManAndAMouse
Send a message

Post by AManAndAMouse
The email just showed up in my mobile app. It took about an hour between the email notification and mobile app notification.
AManAndAMouse
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The map issue is sent from the location you report from, not from where you are looking on the map. The GPS location when you tap the Map Issue button is where the report is centered. The URL in the email has the lat/lon of that location.
A couple of URs came my way asking to correct poor intersection positions in a rural area. The language of the URs was along the lines of "the intersection isn't here, it's 100 m north of here" and "this is where the intersection is really located". But it became clear that the location the reporter was referring to as "here" in both cases did not, in fact, correspond with where Waze placed the UR pin, but rather with a small green square (a miniature segment of track) about 100 m away.

Also, I have seen many cases where the UR pin is located at the snapped location, not the actual GPS position (that wasn't the case in the specific example above because both URs were along a road and any snapping, if it occurred, was trivial).

Both situations suggest that the UR pin cannot be relied upon to show the user's physical GPS location at the time of the report. But how Waze decides to locate the UR pin, and when it decides to provide the dreaded green square and what that green square really means, remain mysterious to me.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by nivekeel
pfisher4007 wrote:I've received three questions from map editor nivekeel(3) on a map issue I've reported. I was able to reply to the first question but have been unable to reply to the other two. How do I reply?

Thank you,
Paula
Hi Paula, check your forum inbox. I sent you a PM and you can respond to me there.
Thanks,
Kevin
nivekeel
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
Have you tried to copy the link and paste it to another tab on your browser?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by pfisher4007
I've received three questions from map editor nivekeel(3) on a map issue I've reported. I was able to reply to the first question but have been unable to reply to the other two. How do I reply?

Thank you,
Paula
pfisher4007
Send a message