The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Rsammon4281
well that's something different..........I haven't seen that, but the only road i've added is an alley i labeled as no entrance anyways..........thats really weird though........
Rsammon4281
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Making GPS easier for YOU, one segment at a time......

Southern Ontario Area Manager
1999 Chevrolet Cavalier and 2006 Freightliner Columbia
Blackberry Torch 9800

Post by sandjaja
Read this section of Wiki and the other below this http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Time ... our_routes
sandjaja
Send a message
iPad 3G user for tracking
Area Manager for Samarinda, Balikpapan, Surabaya and surrounding areas

Post by unwallflower
Yeah... I hadn't ever REALLY paid much attention to the live map, but I just checked... and man! It hasn't updated in AGES! What's the deal?!
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Thanks, I just emailed them a permalink to my area. Hopefully they can figure it out soon.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Thanks, krankyd!
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
earaya wrote:This is what I got from them

Thank you for your email

Takes between 24 to 48 hours to update any changes done in the cartouche, and see it in the Live Map and in the Application in your cellphone
sometimes takes a little more, and can take almost a week.

This is an automatic process and don't require any user interaction
Sigh... sometimes it seems like they don't even bother to read the emails we send them. I feel like half the time they don't bother to respond with a correct (or even logical!) answer.

They've already acknowledged that there are problems with the live map updating process. It's pretty hard to not see that there's a problem, when many areas have live maps that are months old.

So if they've already acknowledged the problem and say they're working on it, I have no idea why they would respond to you saying "oh, just wait! It takes a few days!" Yeah, well, the live map in MY area hasn't updated in months. It's broken.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
joyride76 wrote:Hi all,

how long should be the delay between the edit on map and the client update?
Real time, some hours, some days?

It's mandatory to be area manager to add the update?

Currently I'm trying to update an italian map without luck on map I setted "no entrace" but the client still suggest to enter in this road, may be I'm totally new and I'm doing something wrong

Thanks
Edits usually take a few days to a week to appear in the client. That's probably why you aren't seeing them yet.

Note that the client maps (what you're asking about) NOT the live maps, which is what we are discussing in this post.
unwallflower
Send a message